Flownaster Clones? what do ya think?

I do not know. But how do you like your R/T compared to your ten? I almost bought one before my truck.

I ran the Flowmaster 40, super 40 super 44 and delta 10 on my hemi and srt-10. The hemi sounded incredible with the one chambers. Lost some bottom end. However putting an x pipe in front of 2 mufflers, one for each pipe worked great. The flowmaster isnt that expensive. Flowmaster also has some stainless versions, and ceramic powdercoated versions of their mufflers. The do tend to rust a little on the mufflers welds around the case and where they are stamped.

The problem with the knockoffs, is... the flowmasters delta is computer designed and placed exactly inside the chamber to resonate, and reflect sound waves into themselves, and attenuate unwanted frequencies out of it. It gives it that signature sound. Unless the angles and exact placements are used in the knockoffs you may get some undesirable tones and resonance.

I do not know. But how do you like your R/T compared to your ten? I almost bought one before my truck.

Well, nothing compares to the 10, but I absolutely love the new Ram. Interior, suspension, comfort and fuel econ (with decent power) and price all go to the R/T. But if you want all out power and exotic sound at relights the 10 is unbeatable ;)

I ran the Flowmaster 40, super 40 super 44 and delta 10 on my hemi and srt-10. The hemi sounded incredible with the one chambers. Lost some bottom end. However putting an x pipe in front of 2 mufflers, one for each pipe worked great. The flowmaster isnt that expensive. Flowmaster also has some stainless versions, and ceramic powdercoated versions of their mufflers. The do tend to rust a little on the mufflers welds around the case and where they are stamped.

The problem with the knockoffs, is... the flowmasters delta is computer designed and placed exactly inside the chamber to resonate, and reflect sound waves into themselves, and attenuate unwanted frequencies out of it. It gives it that signature sound. Unless the angles and exact placements are used in the knockoffs you may get some undesirable tones and resonance.

So you would recommend the single chamber over the two chamber ones (flowmaster)? How much low end will I loose compared to high end gain? I've already got an xpipe on with true duels ran out...

i have seen them a store in town sells them they sound good and look good just like a flowmaster and once they are under the truck who cares what name is on it

The one chamber will have less backpressure than the 2 chamber. Be a little louder, and not quite as deep. If you have the x, you will get that low end torque back.

It will not flow as well as a straigh through perforated core muffler. But some say the sound is more desirable on the hemi's.

Im thinking I need a lil more back pressure, and the straight thru powersticks on here now are nearly intolerable in the cab at times...these are nearly have the cost of flowmaster I may try them out. That's for all your input fellas

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back