FlugTag

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well..A few weeks ago I posted about entering the Red Bull Flugtag contest in Baltimore this year..I found out that my design was accepted. There are 30 teams flying this year. Dont know how many designs were submitted but it is usually 2-300, so I am pretty happy we got in.
For those of you who arent familiar with this contest, basically you build a human powered plane, which can be anything from a toilet bowl to a piano, and get 4 people to push it off a ramp and into the water. There are very few rules, so it is interesting to see what people come up with.
Our design is a giant Razr phone that has wings that pop out when the phone opens. They havent posted the designs on the website yet, but should in the next week or so. The link for the web site is www.redbullflugtag.com You can get an idea of what we are talking about here. (if you look at the gallery, and play the video from the NY 03 show, you will see our first entry toward the end. Its a giant paper airplane.)
So, if you are near Baltimore in October on the 21st, cmon down to the Inner Harbor to watch us break the distance record...

Riff62 said:
Well..A few weeks ago I posted about entering the Red Bull Flugtag contest in Baltimore this year..I found out that my design was accepted. There are 30 teams flying this year. Dont know how many designs were submitted but it is usually 2-300, so I am pretty happy we got in.
For those of you who arent familiar with this contest, basically you build a human powered plane, which can be anything from a toilet bowl to a piano, and get 4 people to push it off a ramp and into the water. There are very few rules, so it is interesting to see what people come up with.
Our design is a giant Razr phone that has wings that pop out when the phone opens. They havent posted the designs on the website yet, but should in the next week or so. The link for the web site is www.redbullflugtag.com You can get an idea of what we are talking about here. (if you look at the gallery, and play the video from the NY 03 show, you will see our first entry toward the end. Its a giant paper airplane.)
So, if you are near Baltimore in October on the 21st, cmon down to the Inner Harbor to watch us break the distance record...

It's on my calendar..:)

It will be a blast..I dont care about winning..I just wanna see if I can make this thing fly...lol..

Look at me. I'm flying.................:willy: ....................:eek:

:trytofly: :trytofly: :trytofly: :trytofly:

Well, almost.:D

Congratulations on being picked. :congrats: Good luck and have fun.:rock:

Last edited:
OCBob said:
That's too cool, sounds like a ton of fun. I can see myself going off that ramp in a huge bong LOL

Dude with you the ramp goes directly into the giant bong. :canabis: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back