Flying high at 70,000 feet.

Very cool. :rock:

Very Cool x3

I was just thinkin' (I know, dangerous) but 70,000 feet is just a little over 13 miles. 13 miles ain't nothing. My Walmart is 13 miles away. Just not straight up. But my point is there is only 13 miles to be flirting with space. So the distance for me to get to my Walmart, I could almost be in space. Just never thought of it in those terms before. Although NASA considers someone an Astronaut when they reach 50 miles away from Earth.

Great vid. Incredible sight being on the verge of space.

Last edited:
CarolinaSRT10 said:
Billy,

I thought you already had an exciting "Cockpit" to ride in...at home.

:D

Lee
I do, but you can never have too much fun.:D

Bill.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I was just thinkin' (I know, dangerous) but 70,000 feet is just a little over 13 miles. 13 miles ain't nothing. My Walmart is 13 miles away. Just not straight up. But my point is there is only 13 miles to be flirting with space. So the distance for me to get to my Walmart, I could almost be in space. Just never thought of it in those terms before. Although NASA considers someone an Astronaut when they reach 50 miles away from Earth.

Great vid. Incredible sight being on the verge of space.

Whadya mean 13 miles ain't nothing??

Just because when you stand up, you are halfway there doesn't mean it's not a long ways for the rest of us. :D

Bet you would think it was a long ways if you were falling...

Lee

CarolinaSRT10 said:
Whadya mean 13 miles ain't nothing??

Just because when you stand up, you are halfway there doesn't mean it's not a long ways for the rest of us. :D

Bet you would think it was a long ways if you were falling...

Lee
Funny guy....ha....ha.....

No if I was falling to my death then 13 miles would go buy too quickly. Now being dragged down the road for 13 miles would be a long ways. Ouch!

i worked those babies for 4 years in the air force and then another 5 as a contractor....thats my favorite plane...but I am a bit bias...:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back