Flying Lows' Forged STS SRT 10

msdnga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first dyno is when the truck came in with stock internals to make the switchover to the SCT Tuning from the Vec.

The 2nd was the first pull forged, and the 3rd is the street detuned version running 93 octane, 16 degrees total timing, 11.8 afr, 110 degrees inlet air temps at 12 psi.

Trying to run this truck from 3000 rpm on will be a challenge for some unsuspecting street racer.....

Forged pistons/ crank, cam bearing mod, stock heads, Bassani Headers, SCT, 60lbrs with 2 bar map, STS Turbos T-76. Welcome home Scott!

Attachments

• STS stock.jpg
    STS stock.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Moak 1.jpg
    Moak 1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Moak 2.jpg
    Moak 2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 169
Hell YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to here it buddy bout time!

Those STS's have a weird power curve. Why have i drop so much in the upper range?

If you keep the stock STS y-pipe, and perform no work to the heads or cam, the profile will have higher backpressures at higher boost levels. So I keep the rpm below 6000 rpm, shift right there, next gear hits peak tq instantly.
Change the y-pipe, intake springs, keep the back pressure low, and you'll get rpm, which most will agree the cavatation of the gerotor oil pump does not handle well. Dry sump is the answer for rpm built --lightweight-- V-10's.
The first 700 run, I lifted, not real confident the auto would handle that power level in it's current config. Detuned and he's ready for Panama GTG.

One more thing, any of you running the SCT tuner, we solved the part throttle boost running lean the correct way. Now you can slight throttle boost 1-6psi without running 14.7afr as before. You can run 10-14afr now without climbing the EGT's in closed loop. So anyone running my boosted program, e-mail me for the update.

How will the stock rods fair long term with those HP#'s:dontknow:

kyle's srt10 said:
How will the stock rods fair long term with those HP#'s:dontknow:

Only time will tell, but I personally think the biggest issue is the piston falling apart at the lands which is the root cause for the rods to fail. I think his current set up should be good to go for a while. Unless he turns up the boost.

I hope to forge my pistons and leave my stock rods in sometime next year, and then turn up the boost to 10 psi. Once I'm at 700 rwhp I will be done with the mods.

Yeah right! (I don't believe that statement myself)

good peak numbers:rock: with an average of 600rwhp from 2-5k it orta pull pretty good:congrats:

Now get that thing to panama:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back