Flywheel preferences

I'm glad I'm reading all this now. Does anyone know if the McCloud flywheel that comes with the twin disk clutch kit steel or aluminum? That's what I was thinking of upgrading to over stock in the future.

Well I decided on the fidenza. Ordered it from Justin yesterday. Can't wait to get my truck moving again, she's too slow right now

I have a question regarding this subject.. Im going to change the pilotbearing. Im thinking of doing it by putting in grease and carefully knock it out with something with good fitment. I can easily machine a piece at work but I need correct diameter.

I cant find it anywhere online. The truck is in a garage one hour away so I cant measure it right now either..

What did you use? Does anybody know the diameter right away? :)

Jacob

I always pack the grease and wrap tape around a bolt till it fits snug..... but I still have Charlie's line up tool I can mic the pilot. if you had asked before Thursday I coulda mic-ed the pilot shaft!

9fa87da79c40b4a7640abf7d94d01525.jpg

Looks to be roughly .748

Last edited:
Snap On makes a tool for removing the pilot bearing. It's a little hooked foot that screws on the end of a slide hammer.

Thanks guys! Is it a pain in the a** to get it out? Maybe I should check out the tool 10-1=9 is talking about.

Aye, I will try either way this weekend. Hopefully the truck will be ready for summer too. Its been 6 months since I drove it :p

Thanks guys! Is it a pain in the a** to get it out? Maybe I should check out the tool 10-1=9 is talking about.

Aye, I will try either way this weekend. Hopefully the truck will be ready for summer too. Its been 6 months since I drove it :p

If you don't have a tool like that then its not coming out, call your snap on guy asap. Also if you are changing your clutch out a lot find a old t-56 input shaft and use it instead of that plastic piece of crap alignment tool.

hydraulic effect of grease and socket always worked on 30 yr old A833 transmission bearing . is there something else in there holding it? snap ring or ????

hydraulic effect of grease and socket always worked on 30 yr old A833 transmission bearing . is there something else in there holding it? snap ring or ????

No snap ring, it's tolerance fit and the metals can seize together. Even without that it's a right fit. Like above mentioned, get a pilot bearing removal tool boss.

Okey! Im on the hunt for a tool right now.

Do you guys know what the bolts for the flywheel -> crank and clutch -> flywheel is? What kind of steel and thread? I dont want to re-use the old ones allthough they look good.

The bolts cant be found for specifically the ram srt-10 here in Sweden. But it must be able to get in a common industrial store?

Your answers is golden! keep it up, dont get tired on me :D

/Jacob

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back