Flywheel

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be ordering a clutch kit from justin at jmb here in the next week or two as soon as the work check comes lol. But could someone tell me about the flywheel mod? I am not so familiar with what benefit i will get from a new flywheel?

Is it stupid not to do it if i am doing the clutch kit?

Thanks for the help guys

05' Red Reg cab:B&B Triflo Exhaust, B&B High Flow Cats, Xmetal Software Upgrade, K&N CAI

I got the fidanza flywheel...........its pricey, like $500 or more. There have been some guys with issues with em, and many others whom have not had any issues. In the end, save your cash and just get a new stocker when you install your new clutch and hydrolics.

patrick

like patrick (mauiSRT/10), i too have the fidanza with no complaints !!!

the difference between the stocker & the fidanza is that the fidanza definitely allows the rpm's to climb quickly...... is it a $500.00 dollar advantage - nah.... i'd probably not do it if i had to do over.:)

moparracing said:
like patrick (mauiSRT/10), i too have the fidanza with no complaints !!!

the difference between the stocker & the fidanza is that the fidanza definitely allows the rpm's to climb quickly...... is it a $500.00 dollar advantage - nah.... i'd probably not do it if i had to do over.:)

I have the Fidanza also! No complaints here either!!:rock:

You can also replace just the center plate on the Fidanza when renewing rather than the whole wheel!!

They are pricey!!

Stock flywheel!!! Fidanza is to light

I went with a New stocker on my install 200 bucks or so if I remember right,
That sound right you guys ......

Jim

I have only about 6500 miles on my stock flywheel so do you think its ok if i just stay with my stock one and just go ahead and do the clutch kit then?

Turn it - or

trw0042 said:
I have only about 6500 miles on my stock flywheel so do you think its ok if i just stay with my stock one and just go ahead and do the clutch kit then?

Well you should at least have it turned to true it up. But it was going to cost me 150 bucks to turn mine and around 200 for a new one ... went with new. But if you turn the other one it should be fine. .... IMO

My Fidanza seems to work real well...(12.49 @ 110.96) ...my best speed and et. If you want to hear one rev quickly then watch the shifting video on the XMetal website.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back