FNG from the 401 (Rhode Island)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that...

:needpics:

...but I'm not gonna post up the ones from the Auto Trader ad!

I bought it Saturday but no pics yet 'cause I'm picking it up from the dealer tomorrow, seems that they couldn't get their act completely together today.

Details...

2005 QC, pre-owned with 25K miles. 7/70 Dodge "Max Care" warranty with no deductible. Black, loaded with everything but sunroof, has the cheap azz micro-navigation HU, tonneau cover (aftermarket with wing/locking latch), Viper alarm (how appropriate), remote start, clear bra on the entire front end (which is mandatory around here) and General Grabbers that have got to brand new...

My other current rides are an '08 Chrysler 300 SRT Design (it ain't a real SRT, but nice enough for the wife) and an '04 BUILT Ford Excursion (500+ HP, almost 800 torque) that's completely custom, inside and out. Recent rides were an '07 Jeep SRT (which I regret getting rid of, every single day) and an '05 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG (500 HP supercharged V-8, insanely fast). Also had an '05 Dodge Magnum R/T that cleaned up real nice with Foose Nitrous wheels, SRT suspension, etc.

I've spent entirely too much time on this forum the last few days :D and still have a ton of questions despite my gratuitous use of the "Search" feature.

Upgrades? They're comin', but I gotta get with the Viper/SRT tech first to see how friendly they are when it comes to mods. The 7/70 is pretty critical to me and cost a bit but with the #3 C/R potential issues, I wanna make sure it's gonna be there for me if I need it.

How much did I pay? I really don't wanna say with all the rides that are for sale here, and potentially be used as negotiating leverage with a fellow forum member, but I'm real happy to say the least ;)

My dealer moves a ton of SRTs, and had a nice '05 RC on the lot which was ever so slightly less clean than mine (of course...), and all 4 tires looked like racing slicks, so I'm pretty sure the previous owner enjoyed themselves...

Typical noob questions coming your way! :p

Welcome to the VTCOA. Where in RI are you? I used to go back there a lot for work, Providence of course, spent many a night at the Marriott there.

lightningKILLER said:
sweet. if you don't mind me (us) asking...what did you pay????:dontknow:

Man I just can't do it... There's quite a few really nice relatively stock and heavily modded SRT-10s that are up for sale here, and a savvy potential buyer (like myself for instance :D ) might cruise the posts (particularly the New Members Section) to see what guys are posting up for what they paid. I always try my best at avoiding thread crapping at all possible costs, and since that would be thread crapping by proxy I'd like to avoid likewise avoid causing any forum members trouble...

To say it's a buyer's market is a grotesque understatement. I watched this particular one drop and drop in price on Auto Trader and finally decided it was time. If I missed out I sure as hell coulda found another one. The gas price panic is exactly like what happened in the 70s, remember? Guys dumped insane muscle cars (Challengers, Shelby Mustangs, etc., etc.) for a huge loss and if they just held on to them they'd be Barratt Jackson 100 thousand-aires now. Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy my QC for investment/collector purposes, but I know what I got myself into. Fug that hybrid nonsense, I didn't buy it for the great mileage but I'm sure gonna enjoy taunting them every chance I get!

Yeah, I'm the guy that hollered at the Prius owner the other day in the supermarket parking lot after its owner looked down his nose at my monster diesel truck. I asked him if his hybrid could tow over 10K pounds. I guess that scared him 'cause he sure took off fast...well fast for a Prius I suppose...

Later!

OCBob said:
Welcome to the VTCOA. Where in RI are you? I used to go back there a lot for work, Providence of course, spent many a night at the Marriott there.

Down by the beaches in South County... I lived in Warwick previously (and worked in PVD) and couldn't imagine living any further north than North Kingstown. I hate people (ALL kinds, I'm equal opportunity) and need some space!

welcome...have the tranny checked, o5's are know for problems and it would still be under wrranty

Weelcome to the forum, and congrat's on the 10:rock:

Welcome:beer:

Ya bought the bigger, heavier, slower Quad Cab,

but at least you got the fastest color.:D :rock: :D

BurntRubber said:
welcome...have the tranny checked, o5's are know for problems and it would still be under warranty

:top: That's a big 10-4 Rubbah Duck!

They're going through it top to bottom, TSBs, recalls, etc. The tranny was definitely a concern that I brought to their attention and specifically mentioned the bands gettin' cinched up. I asked about the ceramic brake pad deal too, I'll find out what the scoop is tomorrow...

This dealer was straight up, and told me right off the bat that their trade vehicles (the previous owner picked up an '08 Magnum SRT) are only given a very quick once over; they don't prep them for pickup until they're sold 'cause they don't wanna dump $$$ in something that might go to auction. Makes sense...

Got a pic!

Thanks for the welcome(s)...

Here's a pic:

DodgeRamSRT-10webpic.jpg

TREKER said:
Greetings and welcome from NY... Nice rig....

Thanks.

BONUS!

Just saw that I don't have that fuggin' front plate mount on my ride. It was sold in RI but registered in Maine where I guess they don't have 'em. Can't stand how front plates mess up the flow of the front end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back