For the old timers....

Wish I coulda been there bro! I woulda been a worldwide known fabricator and painter of HOT RODZ:burnout: Ummmmmmmmm.......leadwork.......!:rock:

Only a few years before my time.....But not much different ...Those days will never return that's for sure....That is the days when you had to fix the cars with your own 2 hands anyway you could.:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I read all those pages and that is one "garage" with alot of America's Hot Rod history hanging on walls and displayed for all to see. Awesome collection of memorobillia. Didn't see any A&W restaraunt signs?:dontknow:

REPOMAN1 said:
Wow the early 80s must have been great i was still a baby i just missed it

early 80's :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: lol

thats great:rock: :rock: :rock:

Willis is cool:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

that is the ultimate crapper magazine rack:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

got a small taste of that era. then the 60's hit,lol.:rock:

My '56 Chevy was my first hot rod.

The original white/gold paintjob was all but obscured by 10,000 patches of different color primer.

We put a whopping four barrel on the 265 n' shit-canned the PowerGlide for 3 on the floor. Straight pipes with no headers. lol.

Didn't have enough for a new ignition switch later on and had it permanently hot-wired.

I was at 105 in 2nd on the I-5 taking my sister in-law to work when the engine seized up. I ran it out'a oil and the light never came on.

It died.

I was 16.

D

Had a 57 Olds 2DHT with the little port window and a J-2 Rocket engine with 3deuces. Bout as heavy as my truck! :D :D :D
My dad found it sitting and bought it for me for $13. In decent shape. We rebuilt the motor and tranny and I was truly in heaven. I outran all the chevys and everything else till the true muscle cars hit the streets.

Like the man said.....heaven......at 16 years old.

Didn't expect to see you back, John. Hope life has been kind.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back