For the Vette lovers

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my wheels and rotors,calipers, ss brake lines, lowered the car. What do you guys think ?

Only problem im having is my rotors are rusting over. I dont know why my friend got the same set and hes had his for over 6 months and his doest do it. Mine are, anyone got any ideals of what to do to keep the rotors from rusting.

Attachments

• site 1.JPG
    site 1.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 30
  • site 2.JPG
    site 2.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 8,774
  • site 3.JPG
    site 3.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 21,120
It's pure physics..... Fine metallic particles get wet and they rust....

If your car isn't garaged or completely covered it's even worse.....

If I have to keep a car outside, It's always covered...wheels too.

If you dont have wheel covers you can use a flattened side of a cardboard box even.... Anything to keep the moisture from contacting your rotors will help.....As well as drying the rotors if they get moisture on 'em...

Maintenance.... It's job security.

SD

Driving it more will get rid of that rust............or so these guys keep telling me!!!! Mine get a haze of rust even in the garage!! That Hawaiian humidity is hard to hide from.

New goodies look awesome though!!! I really like it!!

patrick

What material are they made from? I put iron rotors on my R1 because they stop better, but they rust fast. The car looks real good though.

Bill.

What rotors are you using? I have the Baer Eradispeed 2pc rotors on mine with the +1 kit on the back that ups them to 14". The only time I get any flash rust is when I wash it and don't drive it a little afterward. I've had my rotors for almost 2 years and no problems. I also have SS brake lines and Hawk pads. Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Joe

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I must say the pictures i took dont do it justice. Looks so much better in person.

As far as the rotors they are they AC Delco kit. Yeah i know cheaper of the kits. But Only reason i got them was my friend put them on his vette and they have not rusted like mine.

I expect some rust, i know they are not stainless steel. But my rotors are crusting over really bad like they have a diease or something. Im not worried about the caliper section, i know once you drive it that will get scraped off. My concern is the middle hub section.

Hell i may take them back off and sand them down some, and just paint them black. The only thing that will show silver is the caliper path after driving around.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back