For those of you with K&N CAI!

Blacksnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys install these your self? I did not think it would be this involved.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
common now it took like 45min :=)

I can not believe there are 50 steps to putting in an air filter.

Yellow venom said:
I did mine,the box is a little tricky at first,but well worth it!
The box was a little tricky for me too. I was at a buddy's shop and did not have the proper tools to get the self tapping screw started. It took a little longer but it wasn't bad.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
The box was a little tricky for me too. I was at a buddy's shop and did not have the proper tools to get the self tapping screw started. It took a little longer but it wasn't bad.

The only tool I have is a screw driver and a crescent wrench, is that ok?

Blacksnake said:
The only tool I have is a screw driver and a crescent wrench, is that ok?
I used a wrench for the self tapping screw and took me about 5-10 min to get it started. A nut driver would work best for it. Other than that a screw driver and cresent will work for all the other stuff. Another thing I did was I cut slits on the stock intake hose to get the IAT sensor out. I think that is what it is called. It looked pretty fragile and did not want to break it taking it out. Also make a mental note of which way that sucker points. When you unplug the wiring the red tab faces the radiator. I had mine in backwords the first time. Plus my check engine light came on after install. Code P0013 I think. Just unhook your battery and the check engine light should stay off.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I used a wrench for the self tapping screw and took me about 5-10 min to get it started. A nut driver would work best for it. Other than that a screw driver and cresent will work for all the other stuff. Another thing I did was I cut slits on the stock intake hose to get the IAT sensor out. I think that is what it is called. It looked pretty fragile and did not want to break it taking it out. Also make a mental note of which way that sucker points. When you unplug the wiring the red tab faces the radiator. I had mine in backwords the first time. Plus my check engine light came on after install. Code P0013 I think. Just unhook your battery and the check engine light should stay off.

Thank You for all your help!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back