For those with a QC that did a shackle drop

guinnessboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys notice any vibration at low speeds.............is this a drive shaft issue.............i dont notice it at anything above 15 mph. Is this normal or something to be concerned about

is the pinion angle right -3 deg i think , changed the diff fluid at rec miles that could be it tooo mine has had the kit on almost 2 years no problems i had a studder when turning very light checked everything was right had dif fluid changed went away

i used the x metal kit has blocks tooo so the -3 might not be right for just shackles

No vibration here, i bet its your pion sometimes these trucks like a little less than than 3 deg, check that it may take some trial and error but you'll get it.

IMO there really shouldn't be any difference whether the truck is lowered a few inches via a kit or from 500 lbs loaded in ther bed. If you tow or carry something will there be a vibration? There shouldn't be. Check the CV bushings , I think someone had a similar problem with them.

Steve

Last edited:
nycstev said:
IMO there really shouldn't be any difference whether the truck is lowered a few inches via a kit or from 500 lbs loaded in ther bed. If you tow or carry something will there be a vibration? There shouldn't be. Check the CV bushings , I think someone had a similar problem with them.

Steve

thanks guys, its so negligable that im not going to mess with it, just didnt want it to be a sign of bad things to come

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back