For you HID guys....

bub we install a resistor inline with the input wire to the HID ballast, and that provides enough of a load to keep the light out off. radio shack, maybe 2 bucks bro.

BOOMER said:
bub we install a resistor inline with the input wire to the HID ballast, and that provides enough of a load to keep the light out off. radio shack, maybe 2 bucks bro.
I was so going to do this to fake out the computer. Was'nt sure what the value of the inline resistor should be. My guess was the shared resistance of the OEM bulbs in this lighting circuit. Is this what you did, if not can you tell us the value of the resistor you used Gary? Thanks.

Wow, we got a fix! Brief up the resistor needed my friend.

BOOMER said:

awesome, what size of resistor, I don't plan on doing HID's anytime soon but others will likely want to know.

Oh ya, boomer, how much is your HID kit and does it include headlights? Ever done HID's on the fogs as well, if that even makes sense.....just thinking of keeping the color of light the same if I ever did do this mod. Power and traction mods for me first. I'll be calling for a lowering kit and bumpsteer shortly I imagine.

harrisb said:
awesome, what size of resistor, I don't plan on doing HID's anytime soon but others will likely want to know.

Oh ya, boomer, how much is your HID kit and does it include headlights? Ever done HID's on the fogs as well, if that even makes sense.....just thinking of keeping the color of light the same if I ever did do this mod. Power and traction mods for me first. I'll be calling for a lowering kit and bumpsteer shortly I imagine.
He actually sells a great HID fog kit, I use it myself.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back