FORT IRWIN, NTC

rare03srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaving for Ft Irwin this saturday and will be there untill Memorial day. For anyone in the military that has been there you know how bad that place sucks lol so gonna be a LOOOONG month in the BOX for me. Our deployment to Afgan was canceled yet they still want us to go train :dontknow: But on the upside since im in the CA Army National Guard my company pays me while on military leave so oh well thats a couple thousands extra bucks in my pocket i guess lol:chain:

Convoy training is fun. Ruck marches and pt sucks, you get to fire weapons and throw grenades. Requalify on the 4, 16 and 9. Possibly get your marksman ribbon again. Depends on what all you get into while you there. You wont forget it. If you are training with your unit, it will be fun, if your solo, you will forget everyone you train with. You are going at the right time. Its not going to be too hot

Convoy training is fun. Ruck marches and pt sucks, you get to fire weapons and throw grenades. Requalify on the 4, 16 and 9. Possibly get your marksman ribbon again. Depends on what all you get into while you there. You wont forget it. If you are training with your unit, it will be fun, if your solo, you will forget everyone you train with. You are going at the right time. Its not going to be too hot

Yea the past 6 months we've been doing ruck marches ALOT because it seems like we will be rucking EVERYWHERE while were there lol. Pretty sick of ruckin but oh well it aint that bad. I was told we will not be firing any live rounds out of our M-4s since our unit just requaled last month :dontknow: so itll be a bunch of dummy rounds for us :banghead: And Yes it will my entire Battalion going up against the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. As far as weather goes looks like itll be high 80s low 90s untill about 21MAYwhen were suppose to get triple digit heat

Only thing that is really buggin me is that our OPORDER says that cell phones are not authorized and they will be conducting a shakedown on day 1 to be sure that rule is followed. With a newborn at home that just doesnt sit right with me

Talk to your chain of command about the cell phone, shouldn't be an issue once you explain to them the situation. As a former NCO I wouldn't have stopped you from taking your phone based on that situation and certainly when I'm a Platoon Leader I wouldn't stop a soldier based on an extenuating circumstance. I wish my deployment was canceled but I'm heading over to OEF in the near future for deployment number 3.

Talk to your chain of command about the cell phone, shouldn't be an issue once you explain to them the situation. As a former NCO I wouldn't have stopped you from taking your phone based on that situation and certainly when I'm a Platoon Leader I wouldn't stop a soldier based on an extenuating circumstance. I wish my deployment was canceled but I'm heading over to OEF in the near future for deployment number 3.

Yea i shot an email to PSG a couple days ago still havent heard back. Im cool with our PL so may text him about it later today/tomorrow if i dont hear back soon. I can see them not letting the Privates take there phones w/ them but for all the PSG, PL, SL, and team leaders it just doesnt make sence to me ya know. And like you said many of us have kids/newborns/families at home so we need to have comms with them

Good Ol'e Fort Irwin...what a $hit hole! Don't miss it and never wanna go back. I remember my uniform could walk by it's self after a few weeks in the box. MRE's for weeks, your guts are gonna be screaming.

The good thing about Fort Irwin was that when we lived in Palmdale and my oldest son ended up there for training we were able to drive out and visit for a while.

All you guys take care of yourselves and Thank You for your service.

Rick

My sons in 29 palms. been there for two years. Coming home this week for a few weeks leave. will be at PCB with me. He hates the dessert out there.

I spent 2 years there... you're bitching about 30 days???:D:p

My cousin spent a couple years there to. And im not bitching about 30 days......im bitching about 23 days :D hahahahahahaaha

Good Ol'e Fort Irwin...what a $hit hole! Don't miss it and never wanna go back. I remember my uniform could walk by it's self after a few weeks in the box. MRE's for weeks, your guts are gonna be screaming.
Yea ill bet lol. Oh yea the MRE's definitly starting gettin to ya after a few days lol then they really mess with ya days later

The good thing about Fort Irwin was that when we lived in Palmdale and my oldest son ended up there for training we were able to drive out and visit for a while.

All you guys take care of yourselves and Thank You for your service.

Rick

Yea always nice to be stationed somewhat close to home.

Your very welcome sir! And thank you

My sons in 29 palms. been there for two years. Coming home this week for a few weeks leave. will be at PCB with me. He hates the dessert out there.

NICE!!!! Best part about the military besides blowing sh!t up is getting leave to be with family. Enjoy your time with your boy Eddie

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back