found oil cooler leak

popstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are you doing ,after gathering all information on problems and issues on these trucks(great club)I finally did a thorough inspection on my new baby and found a little oil on one of my oil cooler lines.now I am covered under warranty but do i replace them myself with the lines sold by our vender on this site or should i let dodge replace free.does dodge put the same problemsome lines on or did they come up with a better replacement line.I want to fix this right the first time.thanks for any input.

There is only one solution:

shop.jtsvp.com

Stinker is the man.

You can have Dodge do it for free, again and again and again...

Eventually you will go to Stinker for the solution...install takes five minutes.

it's possible that you could take stinkers lines to the dealer & they'll install them instead of the oem's under warranty....... someone here recently claimed they did this, i don't remember who......

moparracing said:
it's possible that you could take stinkers lines to the dealer & they'll install them instead of the oem's under warranty....... someone here recently claimed they did this, i don't remember who......

My dealer installed Stinker's lines under warranty..also gave me the OEM lines that came to them under warranty..I sold them to help offset the price of the Stinker's lines..

my dealer told me they were not covered

that's what the fire inspector said, i guess..... personally, i have my doubts.:dontknow:

regardless, stinkers lines eliminate the source of the leaks - those quick disconnects. :rock:

& the POS lines:rock: :rock: :rock:

moparracing said:
that's what the fire inspector said, i guess..... personally, i have my doubts.:dontknow:

regardless, stinkers lines eliminate the source of the leaks - those quick disconnects. :rock:

I dont think its the quick disconnects is it? I thought it was the crappy crimps where the ends are crimped onto the hoses.

yellowfever#154 said:
I dont think its the quick disconnects is it? I thought it was the crappy crimps where the ends are crimped onto the hoses.
mine look to be leaking from the quick disconnects....:(

doesn't really matter, stinker's lines fix both issues. :D

moparracing said:
mine look to be leaking from the quick disconnects....:(

doesn't really matter, stinker's lines fix both issues. :D

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Mine look like crap as well:argh: Looks like another project on the horizon

Both of mine were leaking a couple weeks ago, but I went the free route and let my tech change it under warranty, I'm gonna milk the warranty as long as possible;)

found out today my power steering lines and oil cooler lines are leaking!! 2700 miles out of warranty!! Think I have a chance with the dealer and warranty? Got an estimate for 1600 bones to replace lines and pump.Ouch!!Think the pump really needs to be replaced? power steering seeems to be working o.k.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back