Freaking over tires

seth

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
So now I am freaking out. I just order and was planning on getting the Toyo's installed based upon what I read on the board. Now it looks like people that have them don't like them. I now opinions are like assh*les, but am I making a mistake?

don't freak out man! Everyone has their own favorites, I love my new General Grabbers,some may not.

i slapped some nittos on mine love them ,,,but they seem so tough i cant get them to smokem on a burn out,,but grab and hook real nice:burnout:

seth said:
So now I am freaking out. I just order and was planning on getting the Toyo's installed based upon what I read on the board. Now it looks like people that have them don't like them. I now opinions are like assh*les, but am I making a mistake?

Dont worry about it bro_Opinons are like a-holes and elbows.We all got em.
Toyos are good tires.I paid a BUNCH for the ones I had on my hemi.Close to 300 bones each!! You may find you like them just fine.Enjoy the ride and
FORGET ABOUT IT!!!:rock: :rock:

i work at a shop thats a toyo dealer... the s/t are real nice tires.. you will like em

seth said:
they wouldn't be my choice, but for $200/tire - i wouldn't fret it.......:D

THis is the way I look at things like this. I like a performance tire because I do not commute in my truck. So tire life is not as important as performance to me. I just bought the KDW's at 262 each with free shipping. So the free shipping saved me anywhere between maybe 80-100 for all four. So 1052 for all four shipped. lets say the Toyo's are $200 each plus shipping. Your right around 900 +/- . Because I want a performance tire. I don't mind spending the extra 150 for better tires. To me Tires are a saftey item on a vehicle. It reminds me of a saying from the motorcycle world concerning buying helmets. "How much is your head worth"

I am an oldtimer that thinks size matters. Please consider different sizes when changing tires. I went to 325/50s on the rear and that worked out well. My fronts will become 305/45s next year, but then I am not a fan of "slammed" trucks. I like to be able to drive on semi-hostile surfaces without breaking something.

just make into a tire test. keep'em rotated, try different air pressures for different kinds of drivin, keep an eye on wear & enjoy the ride:rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
I would like to get some BFGs, but they are$$$, so I went with Kuhmos, great tires especially for the price.

Ironhead said:
i slapped some nittos on mine love them ,,,but they seem so tough i cant get them to smokem on a burn out,,but grab and hook real nice:burnout:

Now this is a semi serious question....

Did you start the truck before you tried smokin' the tires?:D
You have no tire spin with the Nittos???:dontknow:

What tires did you have before?

DBRIAN said:
I would like to get some BFGs, but they are$$$, so I went with Kuhmos, great tires especially for the price.
We eat up tires pulling the trailer every day. But I get the joy of roasting them befor replacing them. When I had to replace them the frist time I only had two choices according to my Goodyear Store. I could replace them with the Perellies (how ever you spell it) JUNK! Or go with the B.F. Goodriches. They were MUCH better but like you said very priceie. I went with the Kuhmos the next time, even better. This time I went with the Nitto NT 420s I have to say it was because the tred patteren (swweet). The best yet. Hard to break loos and super in the rain, even with the trailer. My next ones will be the Toyo. Would love to know what you think of them in a month or two.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back