frnt emblem on 04

STOCKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the frnt emblem just stuck on or does it have pins on it and whats a good way to get it off

It's glued on. Just remember if you remove it, there is a pocket under it, so you will either have to put something in it's place of have the pocket filled and painted.

Bill.

........ or you could take a grinder to it, that's what I did.
It's in two parts, a holder for the logo that fits into the releaf pocket on the hood. Then the Ram-Head/logo goes on that backer.
Grind-it right down to the backer, then place your NEW/logo in that backer.
Tape-off all area's around the work area...be-care-full!! :D this method is not for everybody! ;)

247610.jpg

227430.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
Dont using the fishing line method. The area its glued to is plastic and will scar. Use a blow dryer. I put one of Justin's in place. Looks awesome.

patrick

Attachments

• fire 009.jpg
    fire 009.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 62
Okay I am dumb. How in the world did you get the other piece off? I could only get the emblem itself off. COuld not figure out how to remove the piece it was mounted too!

Hair dryer..........heat it up and it will come off. Be very careful if you use fishing line. Dont let it touch the mounting area.....it will cut into the plastic.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Dont using the fishing line method. The area its glued to is plastic and will scar. Use a blow dryer. I put one of Justin's in place. Looks awesome.

patrick

Looks Great Patrick ......... I'm thinkin about it, gotta go check them out. Is that one partially curved?

Jim

JimTeTe said:
Looks Great Patrick ......... I'm thinkin about it, gotta go check them out. Is that one partially curved?

Jim

yup its curved i just took mine off:D idk what i am gonna put on there until my billet one comes in :dontknow:

Coley 1334 said:
yup its curved i just took mine off:D idk what i am gonna put on there until my billet one comes in :dontknow:
Hows about a nice set of steer horns :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :p :D

Wifey said:
Hows about a nice set of steer horns :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :p :D

not everyone in texas has those :D

i was thinkin a shocker sign ;)

Attachments

• 340826_3042217_big.gif
    340826_3042217_big.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 33
5_0_BAIT said:
Okay I am dumb. How in the world did you get the other piece off? I could only get the emblem itself off. COuld not figure out how to remove the piece it was mounted too!
frank..attack from inside the grill/hood,if i remember right its attached by means of a dowel/hole type deal.

5_0_BAIT said:
Sanchoba, thanks. I the entire grille but could not seem to get it. Is there plastic in the way of seeing it?
just looked again,its just an indentation...but you can drill into it (from the inside)put maybe a punch in the hole and lightly tap on it to pop it off. or you could drill a hole in the top (its just a plastic flat shield left right?) and the hole would give you some leverage to pry it off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back