Front bump stops

Hotrodmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a silly question . I saw the other day while under the Truck that the front bump stops are real close to the lower control arms and I do not think it has been dropped . I can understand why it would have almost no roll with this but damn on a rough road there basicly is no upward movement . So is this damn thing posed to be like dat ? This is an RC 04 . I would also guess if you do a drop these have to be cut out anyway and how does that affect the roll in cornering
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Yes the stock bump stop is very close to the frame. When you get a drop kit(Boomers!) you cut/grind off the stock stop and replace it with a lower poly bump stop. It will still corner fine if not better due to the new front springs with a different rate. Call Gary(Boomer) at X-Metal to gt the kit.....and SOOOOOOO much more:rock:

You need to measure the distance between the stop and the A-Frame. It's dangerous if it's to close. It is possible that someone installed a cheap kit that did not include new bump stops. That happened to JR and Boomer found it when he was installing the Paxton for him.

Silverback said:
You need to measure the distance between the stop and the A-Frame. It's dangerous if it's to close. It is possible that someone installed a cheap kit that did not include new bump stops. That happened to JR and Boomer found it when he was installing the Paxton for him.

I did and it's only about 1/8 + before contact . The back I can tell has not been touched and the front really does not look like it has either but could be hard to tell if they just swapped springs .Maybe I should just dropp the thing since at least I would know whats under her then ,even tho I'm sure my 90 yr old Mom will still say it too high and too fast
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
I did and it's only about 1/8 + before contact . The back I can tell has not been touched and the front really does not look like it has either but could be hard to tell if they just swapped springs .Maybe I should just dropp the thing since at least I would know whats under her then ,even tho I'm sure my 90 yr old Mom will still say it too high and too fast
Have A Kind Day
Mike

1/8 inch before contact? If so someone either changed the springs, heated them up and dropped it, or cut a coil. No matter what you have a dangerous condition there.

I would suggest contacting Boomer for a complete lowering kit. And I would be very careful driving it in your current condition.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back