Front crank oil seal speedy sleeve?

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine shop had made a mistake cutting the keyway too far in the crank. They fixed it and said it's ok now, but I don't trust it. Anyone know a part number for a speedy sleeve? I'm going to check into this tomorrow. Also I need verification on the crank diameter where the seal rides to the thousands of an inch.

Thanks

man, the service manual don't show specs for the crank snot or the seal area:(:mad::dontknow:

Can you take a picture of the repair on the crank by your builder? Would be interesting discussion. Considering , he is highly acclaimed viper engine builder! Seems like a big oops!!!

Can you take a picture of the repair on the crank by your builder? Would be interesting discussion. Considering , he is highly acclaimed viper engine builder! Seems like a big oops!!!

I was surprised to hear this as well. Hopefully it doesnt leak, Im sure whatever solution Louie came up with will be fine, but still surprising. I guess even some of the best make mistakes too.

Norbert I can send you some Pics but I can't post them from my phone. It's really hard to tell there was a repair done but I can see it, probably cause i know it's there. If I had them install everything I probably wouldn't even know.

Well then SLAM that thing together so we burn some rubber!!!:rock::rock::rock::burnout::burnout::burnout::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch: lol did they weld it and then machine it or just fill it with epoxy? either way the seal is very forgiving!!! as long as it is smooth! make sure the crankcase is vented and the boost isn't to radical!!! it will be fine !!!

There is an oversized keyway installed and machined down. They said it was such a tight fit (tight fit Lol) and installed with green loctite it will stay in place. Also the balancer fits onto a little bit of the edge of it. This was the best "repair" they said they could come up with next to replacing the crank. Welding would require too much machining and maybe cause more issues if not perfect for a sealing surface.

got the email, sorry have had bad email problems, but there isnt a sleeve that fits perfect, there is one that will be close , but you have to take and using sand paper, smooth it down to almost paper thin to perfection,
a tight keyway should work, but way down the road may seep some , as slong as its sanded perfectly smooth it shouldnt cut the seal, dont feel bad, its not the first time a machinest has actually done this, but the builder should ahve specified how much of a keyway to cut

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back