Front plate mounting?

MassRiper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't really find what I was looking for. I had to mount a front plate after being pulled over a couple times for not having one....I really didn't like the way it looked where I mounted it shown here.....

FullSizeRender_zps60f54fff.jpg

I recently moved it behind my grill and liked the way it looked there.....but of coarse was promptly pulled over the second time out in the truck and was told it was obstructed/illegally mounted.

IMG_5825_zps7f50c480.jpg

Those of you running a front tag....how is yours mounted? I really don't want to drill holes in my bumper and put it in the regular spot........

Mine is zip tied at the moment Andy(vprpwr) looked for at least a month and discovered they don't make the factory bracket anymore.

Hey bro PM me I have a brand new OE bracket with hardware, It's yours if you want!!!!

narrow minded fockers:thefinger::thefinger:

of course i can't find it now, but someone did an excellent job, IMVHO, frenchin in the licence plate on the front:rock::rock::rock:

narrow minded fockers:thefinger::thefinger:

of course i can't find it now, but someone did an excellent job, IMVHO, frenchin in the licence plate on the front:rock::rock::rock:

Keep looking I wanna see that

I have mine mounted behind the grill like yours and never had a problem with it
this way. I'llsnap a pic of it tomorrow.

Here's mine, been this way for over 2 years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
They make a motorized model that bolts under the cowling, and push a button and it comes out flatly and turns up for viewing on the front....a lot of street rod sites sell them...about $120, also a manual model is made for about $50....fyi...

They make a motorized model that bolts under the cowling, and push a button and it comes out flatly and turns up for viewing on the front....a lot of street rod sites sell them...about $120, also a manual model is made for about $50....fyi...

It's called a Show N Go I have an extra motorized one, I have an extra one around here somewhere. You can have it for $75 shipped.

Keep looking I wanna see that

i have been, but no luck.

keep thinkin its the guy who has the black one with the Viper rear defuzer in the rear bumper. thinkin he is out of Canada.

Here's mine, been this way for over 2 years.

Had my truck for 7 years with no front plate then for some reason they started cracking down this year. My tint is only 2%(legal is 20%) so that only compounds the problem. Been pulled over twice this year for no plate and tickted both times for window tint.

i have been, but no luck.

keep thinkin its the guy who has the black one with the Viper rear defuzer in the rear bumper. thinkin he is out of Canada.

Don't remember seeing that one, I don't mind putting the holes in the bumper if I can just find a bracket.

picture.php

has spacers on back and has saved me from then parking blocks, hear the scrape before damage.

The dealer I bought my truck from tried to put a later model plate bracket on it and drilled two holes in the bumper. It looked terrible and with the holes already drilled, all I could do is just mount the plate directly to the bumper. Actually looks OK (much better than what the dealer tried to do).

Funny that we live so close and this is how mine was for four years. You must be a trouble maker :D
picture.php

No, I think that was like a month before I lowered it. Looked sooo much better lowered!

91c433aeeceeb14f0b08d51e293727a5.jpg

It looks like this right now. Stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back