front speaker replacement/ideas

Smokey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
been looking over the old posts about replaceing my front speakers (currently just the 4 in the doors) with a component system. what is the best/most common brand?

also im looking for a small 12volt amp to power 1 3.5 speaker that will go in the center speaker hole on the dash. its source will be a race radio. any thoughts on that? thanks again guys:D

I replaced my doors, dash and rear speakers with boston accoustics. They were inexpensive and are a huge improvement over the stock stuff. The install is super simple too. Top dash piece pops out without any scews.....just a puddy knife or sharp edge to pop it up. Door panels come off with a couple screws.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I replaced my doors, dash and rear speakers with boston accoustics. They were inexpensive and are a huge improvement over the stock stuff. The install is super simple too. Top dash piece pops out without any scews.....just a puddy knife or sharp edge to pop it up. Door panels come off with a couple screws.

patrick

do you happen to know the model/series you used? i replaced the doors already with some 2 way infinities, just want something better

Take a look at the Focal Speakers, I think mine are the 165-V series.

I replaced the speakers with Boston Acoustics and the difference was very noticeable.
I did not add or change any of the amps.

The sound was much fuller and brighter.

FSTJACK said:
I replaced the speakers with Boston Acoustics and the difference was very noticeable.
I did not add or change any of the amps.

The sound was much fuller and brighter.
Not trying to ho the thread but, Jack i saw a young woman leaving a stop light yesterday,And i noticed she was eye balling my truck. I watched as she came by, And i thought i read her lips saying to the person she was with ( That's like my dads truck. ) Was that your daughter?

JRSVIPR said:
Not trying to ho the thread but, Jack i saw a young woman leaving a stop light yesterday,And i noticed she was eye balling my truck. I watched as she came by, And i thought i read her lips saying to the person she was with ( That's like my dads truck. ) Was that your daughter?

Could have been, do you remember what she was driving?

wheres the cheapest place to get boston acustics? and haveing the base stereo should i add a 4ch amp?

Last edited:
Infinity kappa perfect 3 way in the door and 3.5" kappAs in the dash that are linked to the door speaker wire and amped. Amazingly clear sound quality. So nice I stillhavent put speakers in the rear doors.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Infinity kappa perfect 3 way in the door and 3.5" kappAs in the dash that are linked to the door speaker wire and amped. Amazingly clear sound quality. So nice I stillhavent put speakers in the rear doors.

i might do that, since i have the 3 ways in the door now...intersesting idea, what s the sound dif between this and a component system? if any

I was also skeptical of putting 3.5" in the dash replacement but it exceeded my expectation and is the best sounding stereo system in any vehicle I've owned. My kenwood hu goes up to 35 I have yet to get it past 26 it's so loud an clear, I'm also running them off a jl audio 4 ch 300 watt amp (only using 2 channels now).

Basically I installed them in the dash and dropped the wire down and tapped it into the front door speaker wire which runs back to the amp...simple clean and fast install!

kickinassrt-10 said:
I was also skeptical of putting 3.5" in the dash replacement but it exceeded my expectation and is the best sounding stereo system in any vehicle I've owned. My kenwood hu goes up to 35 I have yet to get it past 26 it's so loud an clear, I'm also running them off a jl audio 4 ch 300 watt amp (only using 2 channels now).

Basically I installed them in the dash and dropped the wire down and tapped it into the front door speaker wire which runs back to the amp...simple clean and fast install!

got um and installed, they sound absolutly AMASEING thanks for the advise:D :D

No problem bud! I thought of getting the tweeters put up there but the windshield acts as a reflector of sound and thought the full 3.5" would sound awesome off the glass and it exceeded my expectations. Im all about great sound and amazing quality! Glad youre happy with the result and man that was fast!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back