FS/FT: Forged Longblock or trade for Stock plus cash?

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I am in need of a stock engine to put a truck together to sell. I have a lot of good pieces to make a nice forged "reconditioned" longblock with stock or ported gen 3 heads, or even a set of big valve ported gen4/5 heads. I am looking at another engine that I will need to pull the trigger on in the next 5 days or so, so I am throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested before I buy another engine outright. It would take about 4-6 weeks to get this together after a deposit. It would consist of my 1000hp capable longblock package:

-04 regular cab block (can work this into a 05/06 with only minor harness changes)
-All new bearings (upgraded oem mains, Clevite rod) and OEM gaskets
-ARP head studs
-B62X cam (add $300 for new custom cam)
-Fresh hone/crank polish
-Wiseco 9.6 compression pistons
-Callies Compstar Rods
-Oil pump PRV upgrade
-Balanced rotating assembly and crankshaft
-keyed crank
-Fresh surface and valve job on heads
-Manley 2.02/1.60 valve set
-New Dual valve spring set
-Hardened pushrods
-New plugs
-NO ATI balancer included (add $435)

New this would be $10,149 with your good core, Id sell outright (no core required) for $10K or do $6500-7K with trade for your good running engine (depends on mileage of the trade). The used parts have about 15K miles on them. I would want to sell this "reconditioned" to be 100% sure that everything was perfect for the new owner.

Add $1600 for ported heads/intake, or add $2500 for ported 2.125/1.60 valve gen 4/5 heads with new oem rockers (no valve covers or intake manifold included). Freight not included, I would be willing to swap at our facility in Hillsboro MO at extra cost.

Again I have to move fast on this for a trade situation (as of this moment) I can still sell outright after 5 days or so, but may not be interested in trading after that.

Justin

sounds like an awesome deal for someone i wish i could pull the trigger on this

No lol

Buying a truck this weekend to pull the engine from and part out, not really interested in a trade as much now, but Ill keep this thread going until I decide what I'm going to do with the forged stuff. I will be posting a partout thread once I get to that point.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back