Fuel Pump Power

seethrough

Reaction score
I'm not getting power to my fuel pump after the truck has been sitting for over a year. I traced power to the fuse #17 but when I check check for voltage across pins 85/86(coil) on the fuel pump relay I get nothing. I have power at pin #30 but nothing on the coil side to activate the relay. Does power for the relay coil come from the PCM or is it straight from the ignition switch?

I'm not getting power to my fuel pump after the truck has been sitting for over a year. I traced power to the fuse #17 but when I check check for voltage across pins 85/86(coil) on the fuel pump relay I get nothing. I have power at pin #30 but nothing on the coil side to activate the relay. Does power for the relay coil come from the PCM or is it straight from the ignition switch?

05 or 06? Since you have 2 :D I will get you some wiring diagrams posted up here once I get your confirmation.

ok, it appears that the fuel pump relay control comes from the pcm to the ipm where the fuel pump relay is. If you are not getting a fuel pump relay signal, it looks like a pcm.

I can also get you connector pinouts if need be.

Could be that too. There is a fair amount of wiring from the pcm on your passenger side firewall to the ipm in the driver side front of the truck.

Thanks. I had some concerns because the body shop did some welding in the frame and I don't know if they disconnected the PCM first. Guess I will find out.

yep. replaced several ECM's over the years because guys would not take a couple of extra minutes to disconnect "BOTH" batt. cables.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back