fuel pump voltage booster for FI

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know my engine is currently getting forged and worked by Tators Dodge. Since we are boosting it to 10 psi :D they reccomended
this voltage booster http://roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=23 which comes on under load. I know there has been lots of discussion on types of fuel management ( ie multiple pumps in different locations bla bla bla). But Sean claims this is good for 710 HP.
Anyone try this?

boosta pumps they ccan be had from MSD(which I pm'd you) but think of a boosta pump deal this way....

remember when you was a kid and had one of the toy cars that ran on a couple AA batteries? first thing most kids do is wire in a 9 volt:D the motor ran like heck for about 5 minutes:burnout:

same thing with your fuel pump, it will work , but its doubling the voltage to the pump, it works...........but its not the best way to do things;)

Stinker said:
boosta pumps they ccan be had from MSD(which I pm'd you) but think of a boosta pump deal this way....

remember when you was a kid and had one of the toy cars that ran on a couple AA batteries? first thing most kids do is wire in a 9 volt:D the motor ran like heck for about 5 minutes:burnout:

same thing with your fuel pump, it will work , but its doubling the voltage to the pump, it works...........but its not the best way to do things;)
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Stinker said:

Cmon there is no need to over simplify. I meant in terms of overall engine performance!:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

LOLOL Steve it will work, how well? it should do you fine honestly bo, I personally am just not a fan of doubling the voltage to an electric motor sitting in 20 gallons of gasoline:p

Stinker said:
LOLOL Steve it will work, how well? it should do you fine honestly bo, I personally am just not a fan of doubling the voltage to an electric motor sitting in 20 gallons of gasoline:p
I gotcha. Should I get a C02 fire suppression system with this?:D And a flame suit too?

how much are the fue pumps for justin? He told me the same thing but I did not realize it was 300 bonse for a booster, stinker your right its better just to change it out. another question (SORRY FOR HO'IN) what is a good out of tank pump?

I prefer the aeroquip pro series or the uh....sorry on the phone, the terminator or something like that, its a step down fromthe pro series, oh and you will need a regulator, and a return line, and hell, fuel rails

I have the the MSD booster from Roe.....I havent got the truck on a dyno yet but definitely seems to pull a little harder....fuel pressure stayed about 70PSI at 5000 RPM.....without the booster PSI started falling at about 4700 RPM......Sean told me that he had not installed on a truck but he has installed on a few Vipers that have not had any issues for over 5 yrs...

TNVIPER said:
I have the the MSD booster from Roe.....I havent got the truck on a dyno yet but definitely seems to pull a little harder....fuel pressure stayed about 70PSI at 5000 RPM.....without the booster PSI started falling at about 4700 RPM......Sean told me that he had not installed on a truck but he has installed on a few Vipers that have not had any issues for over 5 yrs...
Sounds good.

For an external pump, I'd recommend Magnafuel. Better design for long run time, and they run cooler too.

I ran a boost-a-pump on the TT Vette with great results. One of the details of the install was a much larger power wire to the alternator to increase the ampacity of the electrical feed to the pump.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back