fuel pump

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a swap into my roadrunner. I have a a1000 pump. It currently has -10 fuel line. Can I use this pump with a regulator? Also should I put a smaller fuel line? Will I need a return line? Thanks for any info.

gota remember the trucks are fuel injected and require higher pressures, that 1000 i assume is a Aeromotive pump? and 5/8 lines is large for adapting to the stock lines and rails.

I did a swap into my roadrunner. I have a a1000 pump. It currently has -10 fuel line. Can I use this pump with a regulator? Also should I put a smaller fuel line? Will I need a return line? Thanks for any info.

Are you running a power adder? A1000 is way over kill. If you have never used one please give me a call or text I have some info you must have Charlie 770 855 9624

I replaced a twin turbo 496 with the v10 so I already have the fuel pump just gonna change lines to a smaller one and put a regulator. Do you think a #8 is to big. I do plan on putting a power adder. But that's after I get rid of all the gremlins.

I replaced a twin turbo 496 with the v10 so I already have the fuel pump just gonna change lines to a smaller one and put a regulator. Do you think a #8 is to big. I do plan on putting a power adder. But that's after I get rid of all the gremlins.

You can use any pump you'd like and run it through fire truck hose if you want, but keep it at 60psi. :burnout:

You will have to run a return line for that pump. I would also keep the 10an line up to rails right befor rails run a Y and 8an off of it to rails. You will need a fuel pump controller also which will cut voltage to the pump and help from boiling the fuel. That pump doesn't like restrictions so 10an will work great

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back