Fuel rails and aftermarket fuel system

toofast_28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am installing Justin's fuel rails and an aeromotive pump/regulator fuel system on my truck. Can anyone tell me what i need for fuel pressure? I read 60PSI for fuel injected engines? Engine is stock with stock injectors. Anyone have experience with this, as in, do i need a fuel cooler, and if so, what kind? Also, is it worth investing in a wideband O2 set up on a stock engine?

I'm at 65 psi

Have you taken apart the factory system? If not you should check what the factory setting is and set the reg at the same psi. If you change the fuel pressure it may change your fuel map.

Last edited:
HV SRT said:
I'm at 65 psi

Have you taken apart the factory system? If not you should check what the factory setting is and set the reg at the same psi. If you change the fuel pressure it may change your fuel map.

Hopefully i still have the factory system... Lets see, WHERE would i find the factory regulator? And how will i know what its set at?

toofast_28 said:
Hopefully i still have the factory system... Lets see, WHERE would i find the factory regulator? And how will i know what its set at?
I know you don't have a factory reg. Tee a fuel line and test the pressure. You can just install your new toys but you should get it retuned.

LoveThisTruck said:
What's the point of doing this on a stock truck?:dontknow: :confused:

Its not an SRT-10 Ram, just the motor, Trans, rear end, in a '49 chevy. Want to get the truck done and running then do a Cam, head work, Headers, polished intake. Can't really adapt the stock fuel system to the custom truck, so i got all aftermarket and am leaving room for future upgrades.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904

Check that post.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back