Fuel system with Paxton questions?

8pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 06 RC with a Paxton on it a month or so ago. I decided after reading a bunch of posts to get a STC tuner from Torrie along with a 2bar and 69lb injectors.

Now for the questions. The Paxton kit I have has an add on ECU, doubled external fuel pumps and the rising rate fuel regulator that came with the kit. Torrie said to remove all of it. Does the stock fuel pump handle enough fuel to support 600-700hp? Is anybody else running a setup like this (Paxton, 2bar, 69lb inj, stock fuel pump, no rising rate reg.)

Your thoughts? Thanks

Torrie's recommendations are as good as gold. I can only assume that he recommended ditching the external units because pumps always push better than they pull fuel. Justin at JMB sells a few options that use the stock fuel hat and will support the power levels you are looking for. I have one of his dual pumps in one of my trucks.

I run the roe dual intank set up with torries tunes. The 2 inline Paxton pumps double the fuel pressure in the rails to around 120psi give or take a few psi that's why there hard to tune at that point hence why most tune for wot then they run super rich. feel free to pm me or look at my build thread there are plenty of pics in there of the set up.
So I would say ditch the vec computer and the Paxton fuel system.

My stock fuel pressure regulator went after 3000 miles on the paxton. I had the twin pump kit from roe. Good kit but i dont think the stock regulator can handle the extra psi when the 2nd pump comes on. I upgraded to 2 aeromotive 340 Pumps and jmb fuel rails and external fuel pressure regulator. is probably a little overkill for right now. But not for my plans in the future

Torrie's recommendations are as good as gold. I can only assume that he recommended ditching the external units because pumps always push better than they pull fuel. Justin at JMB sells a few options that use the stock fuel hat and will support the power levels you are looking for. I have one of his dual pumps in one of my trucks.

I guess he is just not a good communicator:dontknow: or I didn't ask the right questions:joyman: I will email him again.

Not to mention in-tank units have fuel around them to keep them cool. I have an external Bosch o44 pump on my turbo race bike but if it dies I am not stuck on the road.

Torrie got back to me. He said ditch everything and upgrade to a Roe or JMB fuel pump kit. He said no need for a rising rate because I have big enough injectors.

So Roe or JMB? Side note. This is my daily drive or more like weekly drive (I commute about 2 days a week). Torrie said he can get me a Roe kit.

You can buy one aeromotive 340 intake pump and it will cover your fuel needs man. Easy to install and cheap fix

Interesting that you posted that:rock: I was just looking at some single pump options like the Walbro 465. I would rather have a system with one pump so if it dies the motor quits vs two pumps and if one dies the motor dies.

Torrie just sent me an email to the same tune.

I have to crap or get off the pot soon. I still need to get my bike ready to run at Bonneville and the Mojave Mile (if they will let it run).

I'm runing the duel Paxton setup, 760HP with NO PROBLEMS! The fuel system is pretty much maxed out but holding up fine and doesn't go below 85psi wot with 69lbs injectors and tuned by Chris Jensen.

I'm running the exact same setup on mine.

69lb injectors, 2 bar MAP, removed the ability of the SS box to control timing, removed the vaccum line from the Paxton FCU and I'm still using the twin helper pumps. I'm scheduled for a final dyno and tune with Torrie this Thursday.

Mine's a once or twice a week driver just like yours. I've been told to upgrade the fuel components as well but mine hardly sees boost unless I pull up next to a ricer. I will eventually but I just spent $6K doing my 6 speed manual conversion. Torrie hasn't led me wrong yet.

Cool I am interested to hear how it dynos. I just ordered a single Walbro 465 pump from Torrie. I have to track down a good regulator and then I should be ready for my parts swap and tune.

I had the exact same questions you did about the helper pumps and paxton ecu. I installed my paxton about 4 months ago didn't even mess with any of that shit ( fuel pumps, fmu, ect) torrie said he thought I'd be fine. I have sct tuned by torrie. Stock fuel system 69lb injectors belanger headers bbk throttle body and have driven it almost every day since and a couple 800 mile trips and ridden on it pretty good on the free way against evos and gt 500s and never once and a problem. Afrs are perfect throughout the rpm range in low sped pulls and highway pulls. Torrie nailed the can tune first try.
I would have no problems running this bitch just like it is for another 30k miles. But i want turbo :)

I had the exact same questions you did about the helper pumps and paxton ecu. I installed my paxton about 4 months ago didn't even mess with any of that shit ( fuel pumps, fmu, ect) torrie said he thought I'd be fine. I have sct tuned by torrie. Stock fuel system 69lb injectors belanger headers bbk throttle body and have driven it almost every day since and a couple 800 mile trips and ridden on it pretty good on the free way against evos and gt 500s and never once and a problem. Afrs are perfect throughout the rpm range in low sped pulls and highway pulls. Torrie nailed the can tune first try.
I would have no problems running this bitch just like it is for another 30k miles. But i want turbo :)

Good info thanks. Now I just need to go finish cleaning my garage so I have some extra room.

I had mine tuned and dyno'd today by Torrie, never met him before today, really nice and really knowledgable. Pulled up in a killer looking Nissan GTR. Anyway a couple pulls on the dyno revealed that the twin helper pumps are going to be pulled off ASAP.

They were actually raising fuel pressure too high and acting erratic. Sometimes they'd push 65psi sometimes they'd push 75psi. So we called it a day and I ordered a single 400lph in tank pump, pulling the twins and the Paxton controller off. Results for today were 575rwhp and 587rwtq.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back