fueling issue below 1/4 tank (video)

axel

Reaction score
whenever my fuel tank is getting closer to 1/4 tank or lower and i try and take off hard off the line it bogs down and hesitates before it takes off... asked about this on the general questions sticky thread and i was told to install a fuel pressure gauge to be sure it was fuel related.. i did and here is the video! its kinda long and very boring but just watch the beginning, the 2:10 mark and the 4:20 mark and you will see what im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZpysm7Wmg

and ya i know my tune is way rich.. waiting on a new one from chris

my guess is the draw straw in the tank is split and sucking air when the fuel level gets low?

what do you guys think? options on a fix? any point upgrading the fuel system if i end up dropping the tank? where is my fuel filter located? maybe ill change that and see if it helps?

whenever my fuel tank is getting closer to 1/4 tank or lower and i try and take off hard off the line it bogs down and hesitates before it takes off... asked about this on the general questions sticky thread and i was told to install a fuel pressure gauge to be sure it was fuel related.. i did and here is the video! its kinda long and very boring but just watch the beginning, the 2:10 mark and the 4:20 mark and you will see what im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZpysm7Wmg

and ya i know my tune is way rich.. waiting on a new one from chris

my guess is the draw straw in the tank is split and sucking air when the fuel level gets low?

what do you guys think? options on a fix? any point upgrading the fuel system if i end up dropping the tank? where is my fuel filter located? maybe ill change that and see if it helps?

We don't have an external filter bud :(
Sock in tank is it. I agree its the connector hose atop the pumps likely. Hadn't watched the vid but will and see what I see.

You're definitely losing pressure big time. I'm wondering if your sender isn't messed up and you're really in E? How long can you drive normally after you get to the point where you're losing pressure?

no ive for sure drove it down to "E".. it just gets worse to the point i cant accelerate hard at all

no ive for sure drove it down to "E".. it just gets worse to the point i cant accelerate hard at all

I think what Scott is trying to say if you're getting a false fuel level signal and you are actually on E when the gauge is reading 1/4. I've seen that a few times before also.

im saying no because i have let the guage go from 1/4 to empty without running out

im saying no because i have let the guage go from 1/4 to empty without running out

How many miles does it take for the gauge to go from 1/4 to E?

im not exacty sure but its about the same as it takes to go from half to quarter.. maybe a little faster?

Does your truck have a stock fuel pump in it? Because if you change it out for a higher flow after market unit then you have to cut basket apart and this same thing occurs.

i bought it as a rebuild so i dont know the history of it.. could be aftermarket or could be damaged in the accident or it could just be the gauge sender

Just watched this vid. What is going on at the 4:55 mark? Check out both guages on your pillar there. They both go wonker at the same time. WTF?

ya your right. looks like it happened again there.. i punched it and the fuel pressure dropped and the air fuel gauge went all the way lean

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back