• Attend to support the family

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I hate them. Not going to have one for myself. Hell, no one would show up anyways.

One of the Cobra guys I spent last weekend with died this last Wednesday. The funeral is next Thursday and they want everyone with Cobras to attend.

Steve was a great guy, but funerals are not for me. Don't know what to say, and just feel awkward.

What do others think?

Been to dozens over the last couple of years. Luckily they have all been more like parties. That's what I want them to do when I go, party and tell stories about me.

Hate funerals.... Throw me in a pine box and drop me in a hole. I don't want anyone looking at my dead ass sitting in some funeral home. :argh:

Black1 said:
Hate funerals.... Throw me in a pine box and drop me in a hole. I don't want anyone looking at my dead ass sitting in some funeral home. :argh:
No funeral home for me. Just plop me down on the pool table at the clubhouse and party all around me.

I think I wanna be cremated but Lynette wants to be buried with the ashes of all our beloved pets...... So maybe she can take me along with the pets.

John, I think you should go..... even if it's just to be a friend to those who remain.

There's nothing so sad as a guy dying and nobody there to send him off....

I love the friends I here. And I hope they'll be there to see me off when it's time. Cuz I'll be there for them.....to the end.

D

I am in the same boat JOHN, I would want a huge convoy of Trucks waiting for me, for one last ride. F a limo ride I want my casket in the back of my truck.

It's a sign of respect for the departed and the family. If you knew the guy and were requested to be there and he wasn't a jerk, then if I were in your shoes, I'd go. It's only a few moments of your life but might mean a whole lot to the family and other Cobra owners.

Nobody likes funerals, but it's all about showing respect for the deceased and supporting the family. I think you should go.

I do not attend funerals anymore ( been to too many) and I am not having one. Wifey is going to flush my ashes down a toilet, because why waste money on the dead, besides to be absent from this body is to be present with God so who cares:D :D :D :D

Funerals (or memorials) are not for the dead, they are for the living that need to find peace with the loss. I can tell you that after I lost my little Brother, having a memorial with hundreds in attendance made me feel good. It is somehow comforting to know that you are not the only one in pain or the only one that will miss someone.

OCBob said:
Funerals (or memorials) are not for the dead, they are for the living that need to find peace with the loss. I can tell you that after I lost my little Brother, having a memorial with hundreds in attendance made me feel good. It is somehow comforting to know that you are not the only one in pain or the only one that will miss someone.
Very true Bob, everyone can have their memorial service as long as my corpse/ ashes do not attent.;)

I answered "other" John....

The last funeral I went to was 30 years ago for my grandmother. I haven't been to one since.

The main reason I don't go is I guess I'm a bit selfish. I like to remember people the way I knew them

Jeff

"other"....feel pretty much the same about it as you do John.

other

I have only been to one in my life and that was just a few short years ago............. never want to go to another one

It is a show of respect for the dead and it is more for the family than for the deceased,but I still can't do it

hard for me to advise anyone on this issue

, i told my wife i just want a small wake ,,,burn me down to ashes and put me up on the mantel and say hi once in awhile to me !cause if you dont i will ,,,,,,,,,FKING COME BACK AND HAUGHT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU !;)

But if you knew him personally you should go

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back