Garage floor options..... let's hear 'em!

That looks really sharp but I'd be concerned about how slippery it would be with wet floor/shoes.:dontknow:

How old are your parents? I've got an 86 yo MIL I need to be concerned with. If her walker get loose, she's had it.

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Yeah, the only thing I'm worried about here in Florida is the moisture level. It's like 1,476,776% humidity here in the summer, and I'm thinking that may have an adverse affect on the glue. :confused: :eek:
Not if you nail it too :D

Just got around to reading this months issue of Truckin' and it has an easy way to make the garage floor look awesome. I checked their website and it ain't on there but here is the jist.......

They used G-Floor which is manufactured by Better Life Technology and is constructed of flexible 75 mil PVC. It is seamless and rolls out to cover the floor. It makes the garage quiter is a great fluid barrier and is available in many different patterns. They claim it can be installed in 40 minutes!!!

The website of the flooring is http://www.bltllc.com it is out of Kansas.

Truckin' bought the floor from http://www.garagefloor.com

Hope this helps.

Well... The rental concrete grinder EXPLODED. :argh: Blew out the grinding blocks and got my shin pretty good...... :( Left big 'ol gouges in the floor...

.... So, I don't know what the fock to do now. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Concrete patch the damage and you can epoxy the floor. I have done two floors with the Rustoleum epoxy, but I used the solvent based epoxy instead of the water based. The solvent based is more durable, but requires more prep work and you need respirator mask. Also, the concrete has to be completely dry, no moisture in the concrete prior to application. I wrench on my own stuff all the time. It is easy to clean up with a mop and withstands the rigors of sliding parts, tools, and jacks over the floor.

Tile is great if you do not do any of your own wrenching. If your garage is basically a showroom. Tile does not do well with jacks and jack stands. It also does not hold up well to chemicals like brake fluid or transmission fluid, which can be pretty corrosive.

The spray on floor stuff is pretty cool, but I image it isn't cheap.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back