Garage length

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I need a little help, I'm not home to measure my truck.
Currently looking at houses and am finding that the garages are tiny in the subdivision I'm looking at. All the homes have side entrances to their garages as well so to park the truck it might have to go in at a bit of an angle.

How long is an RC diagonally? I know lengthwise we are just under 18 ft. But parked at an angle across 2 small stalls how much length would I need?

The garage I am looking at is only 18 ft 8 inches. Will my truck fit if I have to put it in at a slight angle?

Thanks

brb:rock::rock:

Check height also. The small garage doors also seem to be low.
My 06 was lowered and would only clear by a couple inches.

Don't measure the opening. Measure the ground to the bottom of the door when it is raised.

very front to very back, 17' 7"

from either most rear corner to either the farthest front corner point, i'm showin, 18' 8"

The absolute smallest garage I would ever consider is a 24 X 24 and that's still not big enough for daily activity and to have a little storage space.

The absolute smallest garage I would ever consider is a 24 X 24 and that's still not big enough for daily activity and to have a little storage space.

I would have to agree, but that is very hard to find here. the one I am looking at has a little side tool/storage area and a decent garden shed in the back. That will help. But they just don't build hem here like they do in Canada. I guess here everyone is supposed to drive a Honda. No wonder the American car industry is in trouble. No place to park a real vehicle.

very front to very back, 17' 7"

from either most rear corner to either the farthest front corner point, i'm showin, 18' 8"

Thanks for the info, The current owner had a Yukon that fit in there. Just barely but it did fit. Now he has a Denali XL...he didn't even try to fit that in.

Sure seems odd how so many people here dont use their garages for cars. They just fill them with junk and park outside. And a lot of them just have two 8-foot doors instead of 1 single double width door. I won`t even consider one of those.

By the way if anyone is wondering I`m looking in Suwanee GA.

a nice house on a nice chunk of land, big enough to build a garage to your likin????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back