Garage ???'s

BlackViperRam04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said a week or so ago I am getting ready to move in the next month or two. I am in the process of finding another house to buy right now. Here is my dilema...I want to find a house with a 3 car garage. There aren't too many houses to choose from with a 3 car garage so I have been looking at houses with a 1 or 2 car garage and then I was planning on building a 3 car garage in the back. Has anyone put one of those big pre-fabbed kits together before? Do you guys think that they are worth it?

I cant give ya much more info than this, I used to haul those prefabed metal buildings from a place in pittsburgh pa, talked to a ton of installers, and they all loved them.

When you bought it, they sent ya plans on how to do the slab, then the install crew came out and in a day or two, had it up.

but the customers seemed to love em

With the limited amount of available tradespersonal, pre-fab is becoming a lot more popular.

Sounds like a great way to go, just ask for references from the manufacturer.

Good luck in your search.

Will

sleeper said:
Very much worth the money.:D Heres mine.

VERY NICE!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that run you with the slab and everything? That is exactly what I was looking at.

Building was $36000, grading and drainrock $10000, slab $32000, permits $2000, labor $17000, doors $6000, back fill and grading for driveway with 6-8 inches of gravel way to much. About $130000 total. Very long and wide driveway though. I bought this right around the time of Katrina. Now the prices of steel have gone way up.

sleeper said:
Building was $36000, grading and drainrock $10000, slab $32000, permits $2000, labor $17000, doors $6000, back fill and grading for driveway with 6-8 inches of gravel way to much. About $130000 total. Very long and wide driveway though. I bought this right around the time of Katrina. Now the prices of steel have gone way up.

Prices probably have doubled on the building since Katrina. My good freind was shopping for a similar one ( 7000 sq.ft.) and told me how the prices went through the roof after Katrina......

The warehouse I own is in one of those type of buildings. I have 1000 square feet downstairs and offices built upstairs. The entire building has 12 units like mine. Its a great setup for us. I would love one for my personal use!

patrick

He needs a California hello ;) ;) ;) :D

sleeper said:
Very much worth the money.:D Heres mine.

I'm considering something like this for retirement. Maybe a 60 x 120 and building living quarters off to one side, and then keeping the toys inside.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back