Gas company

b exxon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to get some opinions on something that happened today. A natural gas company aproached me wanting to put some kind of bulkhead on my garage property. My garage is just outside of town and has a large yard that we dont use. Has anyone expierienced this before? Thay need a 30ft x 30ft area that they will fence in with a gate.
They didnt throw any numbers at me but acted like it was no big deal. They were here twice so far today. Anyone know what they pay to lease land?

Get a lawyer.
From what I hear, in certain parts its common. Also understand that there isn't much you can do if they want to put anything on your property.

Just wanting to get some opinions on something that happened today. A natural gas company aproached me wanting to put some kind of bulkhead on my garage property. My garage is just outside of town and has a large yard that we dont use. Has anyone expierienced this before? Thay need a 30ft x 30ft area that they will fence in with a gate.
They didnt throw any numbers at me but acted like it was no big deal. They were here twice so far today. Anyone know what they pay to lease land?

contact DOM, he will be able to tell you exactly what you need to know.

I don't know the law in your state, but here the only way a land owner can be forced to give up land or make land alterations is if the oil gas company owns the mineral rights. I agree, get a lawyer. Ask the oil company what there thoughts are on the lease payments, get a starting point. Most oil companies here will do or pay whatever to keep it as easy as possible, you could tie it up in court for years if you have the money to blow on lawyer fees.

I own the mineral rights.Its just like a local gas co.. Columbia gas. If they could put it there with out my approval it would be a bad thing. Im sure they would have a lot of broken stuff....lol.
There are no easements on my deed for anything so they would have a hard time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back