Gas lines and shortages...

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but I havent seen any mention of gas lines today....gas has went up about 30cents today and rumors were floating about $6 gas by afternoon.....looked like the 70s again with long lines at the pumps...driving home this evening many gas stations were out of gas and roped off.........what is happening where you live.....:dontknow: ........

Looks like price gouging and taking advantage of situations.......talked to one person that sat in line for 2 hrs today to get gas....he said the station raised the price 2 times while he was in line....funny how gas in the ground increases in price..:mad:

I went up and filled my travel vehicle this afternoon. Gas was at $3.99 gal. Their mid grade gas was out but they still had regular. Murphy Gas was at $3.89 and lots of lines. There were reports in Raleigh of $7.00 gas. I think the attorney general will be investigating that and fining those establishments. Whatever excuse they can think of to raise the price will do.

paid 3.59 here today..They are probly jacking up prices because of all the refineries in the Houston area are shut down due to Ike coming through tonight or tommorow..

Riff62 said:
paid 3.59 here today..They are probly jacking up prices because of all the refineries in the Houston area are shut down due to Ike coming through tonight or tommorow..

Gas was $3.67 at 7am this morning....by 7pm it was $4.05.....most stations were out of regular by afternoon.........ones that did have gas had lines backed into the streets this evening..

hell the price went up .10 a liter and we don't even get fuel from Houston??? different specs between US and Canadian fuel just a excuse to gouge the consumer
I can see some fraud and price fixing charges coming in the near future crude is down to around 101 I hope they get nailed to the wall I have lots of friends and my family has oil royalties but this is getting stupid. It is not based on supply and demand which is not a good thing in my book.
It may give the politicians a thing to talk about is Canada and the US as both are up for election???

larry, hit the sunaco on hwy 36 on the way to work this morning paid 4.09/gal for 93 octane. they had it capped you at 10 gallons. so i slide my card 3 times to fill up.

I paid $3.79 today.. no waits, problems or shortages around here yet. Glad I got 30 gallons in my Avalanche. I'll be interested to see what the prices are tomorrow.. Ike is looking even MORE scary right now.

$3.45 here in AZ for the cheap crap...

But we have anti-gouging laws also... its happened a few years back when there was a shortage and a few stations tried to gouge customers, and were nailed pretty hard by the governor, and attorney general... some were put out of business, and required to refund to customer that were "overcharged"

jtsdad13 said:
larry, hit the sunaco on hwy 36 on the way to work this morning paid 4.09/gal for 93 octane. they had it capped you at 10 gallons. so i slide my card 3 times to fill up.

The Sunoco in Colonial Heights had it's Friday Prem for mid grade price today....$4.09.......surprised they did the sale with all the crazy buying today..

got the 93 for 89 price today at the sunaco as usual. they just capped the amount at 10 gallons. usually the cap is $74 i think.

jtsdad13 said:
got the 93 for 89 price today at the sunaco as usual. they just capped the amount at 10 gallons. usually the cap is $74 i think.

that $75 cap is always in affect....other stations are the same no matter what grade you buy.......I guess it is some safety feature?:dontknow:

Yesterday around here gas prices jumped 23 to 30 cents for the cheapo grade. The good stuff rose to $3.89. Haven't been out yet to see how the price changed. I didn't notice any lines but business seemed to a bit more brisk than usual.

Yesterday, while I was filling up my Chevy at the local Sunoco station, a customer was bitching and moaning about the increase and the station manger blamed the hike on the weakening dollar and the increase in the per barrel price. The customer had a good question -- well did you buy gas today? The manager didn't answer...

i believe the price of gas is based on the futures market. If oil is trding at 101.00/ barrel today, the price might increase (or decrease) a couple weeks later. At least I think thats how it works. I dont think oil execs wake up and see that oil is trading at 10.00 a barrel higher than yesterday and they email all thier stations with instructions to raise the price immediately. Granted, some station owners read the news and say"hmm..hurricane in the gulf...gotta gouge customers today"...

can you say price gouging considering the price of oil dropped below a 100 dollars a barrell on friday and supply demand has dropped world wide, so they use any catasraphe to screw us out of more money.

It is the gas station owners gouging the maket price is set the day before, so it is gouging. Weaking dollar my as the euro dropped to its lowest all time against the dollar and the yen the dollar is comming back, people are just greedy and don't give a shit about noone but money, I do my own boycott.

The price is supposed to be set based on what it will cost the station to replace the fuel that is currently in their tanks now.

The stations are supposed to adjust the price accordingly.

Lets not forget to thank all those enviromental wackos that cried and cried to where we have not had a new refinery built in what, 30 years. All it takes is the threat of a storm that "might" slow down production and the price goes up.

Its all a scam and we're getting screwed!

patrick

I filled up last night with the expectation that all hell would break loose today, I paid $3.95 for 93 octane, there were a bunch of people, but I was able to get right on a pump and spent about $79.00, I was expecting everyone from houston to be here in DFW and pumps would be out, but it wasnt bad last night around 10.

jbilledeaux said:
I was expecting everyone from houston to be here in DFW and pumps would be out, but it wasnt bad last night around 10.

nah man they are all here lol.. they haven't made it up the split yet :argh:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back