Gas mileage?????

8to 10 city
14 to 16 highway
When I road raced last month I got 3.1 mpg.:rock: :rock: :rock:
I like to play hard.

My 06 QC averages 10.5-11.5 in town and about 15.5-16.5 on interstate at 75mph.

21 highway with Roe Blower. Mileage actually improved with Roe Blower. That was on stock engine though with new tune its a little less:mad:
Anyway here are the rules:

1.Cruising in sixth gear rpm @ 1500
2. No grades over 2%
3. Try to keep constant velocity. And yes that means no turns!! ( ie. cruise control) or put and egg between your foot and the gas pedal and try not to break it.
4. Try and take advantage of wind direction

:D :p :rock: :) ;) :congrats:

Last edited:
Prof said:
If it matters you are buying the wrong truck.

+1 Exactly correct Prof... If gas mileage is a issue, or the price of gas for that matter, it is the wrong truck for you.

The the maintenance on these trucks more than out weighs the price of gas or the mileage.

13 mpg vs 16 mpg = 3 mpg

13 x 33 gal (06 QC) = 429 miles

16 x 33 gal (06 QC) = 528 miles

99 miles Diff - 99 miles / 13 mpg = 7.6 gal gas x $2.59 per gal = $19.60

$19.60 = Don't go to McDonald's twice a week. :) :) :)

McDonald's or SRT-10.... Darn that is a hard decision..... NOT :) :) :)

Mine gets around 13 locally. I really haven't had it on a long trip.

My QC gets around 11 and 14.5 on a run but our gallon is a little larger (4.54 litre).
It doesn't matter cos I'm on LPG now anyway.

Gas is £1.03 a litre and LPG is £49.9 a litre here.

I just towed my caravan down to a show and got the equivelant, £ for £ of 18.5 to the gallon.
This goes to 24 on a run when not towing.

It costs around the same to run as a 4 litre Jag now.:D

I only put $20 bucks in mine last month. It actually uses less than my bike!

i get about 10.1 average driving in town and about 12.1 highway ---got the sct , tired all 3 tunes and the mileage went down from the factory tune( 10.6 to hwy 12.8. new plugs didn't make a difference --and with the sct I have also lost the original tune...it goes to a valet tune when i try to re-install it ...??????????:mad:

VIPR PWR said:
i get about 10.1 average driving in town and about 12.1 highway ---got the sct , tired all 3 tunes and the mileage went down from the factory tune( 10.6 to hwy 12.8. new plugs didn't make a difference --and with the sct I have also lost the original tune...it goes to a valet tune when i try to re-install it ...??????????:mad:

There has got to be some 05 QC that have the stock tune here somewhere. Simply have them email it to you and then have your tuner put your vin to it. Then you will have it back.... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back