gas mileage

That why I own motorcycles. use the truck when I go on long trips and have to haul stuff. Pretty much stays parked come summer.

The Hayabusa gets high 30's, where the truck, well doesn't.

Same here I dont have a busa, buy my Ninja ZX 10 gets great MPGs. I drive my 10 on the weekends and to pull my boat! other than that it sitting in the garage

Come on...you don't buy trucks like these for fuel mileage ;)

The best i ever got was around 18 on the highway...at 70 mph..after that it tanked.

It usually averaged around 10 most of the time..........

360-380 miles on a full tank at cruising hwy speeds in 6th. avgs to 13-14mpg if actually stay at 65-69mph I could get about 16-17mpg, cant do it too slow:burnout::itsme:

Just drive it more. I reset my average with every fill up. In the early years it always remained pretty consistent at 12.5-12.8. Now at 100,000 miles its consistently 15-15.4.

That's good, my 10 is pretty much still stock I need to do some work!
I dont get anywhere near 17 and 21

Gas

10.2 last time I looked.
At £5 a gallon I don't look any more ha ha
I didn't buy the 10 to worry about gas mileage for sure

Around 8.7 city and was at 10.1 highway --- Was better till I bought the sct and installed the tunes ---use to get 10.1 to 10.4 city and 12.8 highway....My stock tune can not be found on the sct --It installs the valet tune when I try .... The tuner never answered my questions as to who what when where or why.
Abetter tune exhaust etc shoul make a engine run more efficient and produce more power and better fuel economy....doesnt seem to be true with these trucks -----WHY?????

Last edited:
mickster said:
10.2 last time I looked.
At £5 a gallon I don't look any more ha ha
I didn't buy the 10 to worry about gas mileage for sure
Dude out here thats 7 bucks a gal:dontknow::aetsch:

VIPR PWR said:
Around 8.7 city and was at 10.1 highway --- Was better till I bought the sct and installed the tunes ---use to get 10.1 to 10.4 city and 12.8 highway....My stock tune can not be found on the sct --It installs the valet tune when I try .... The tuner never answered my questions as to who what when where or why.
Abetter tune exhaust etc shoul make a engine run more efficient and produce more power and better fuel economy....doesnt seem to be true with these trucks -----WHY?????

your truck is broken. you should be getting at least 14 highway. when did you last change upstream sensors?

scoobert said:
your truck is broken. you should be getting at least 14 highway. when did you last change upstream sensors?
Give me some of what ur smoking. His truck is fine. The best that I could get on my QC stock was 12.9 mpg at around 75 mph. And that was bone stock, coming back from Georgia when I bought the truck. I could see 14 mpg if I would of stayd at around 60 mph.

damn, missed another QC..... i think we should put a little wheelchair next to peoples names who have minivans(QC), so we know they are just barely better then a hemi......

best i've gotten was after the motor build i got 22mpg coming home from austin.. but normally get about 18-21mpg on the highway at 65-67 seems the be best

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back