GAS Price Dropping!!

JeffBoyette said:
Z-man! my god, how do you expect people to read your post with that avatar. I spent more time admiring that trophy of yours than reading this thread!!! Great job man!

Holy crap Z-man! You are a lucky bastard to have that running around your house. I have no idea what this thread is even about. There is no way to stay focused with that avatar flying around.

if the lady is with you - you aint go no worries!! Talking of gas prices - we over here in UK are having a bit of an issue too. Tanker deliveries are on strike and gas just went over $10 a gallon (US) over here, and there are many stations showing closed signs or laughingly that they have stock of super unleaded 101.... grabbing bastards!

Gas has been over $10.00USD here in Norway. Thank goodness I'm only here for work. I wouldn't be able to afford driving any of my SRTs here.. Especially since they would :deal:tax me to register them according to the amount of horsepower. I calculated more than $275k(USD) in Norwegian taxes alone for both vehicles (not including shipping).

Venom Power said:
Gas has been over $10.00USD here in Norway. Thank goodness I'm only here for work. I wouldn't be able to afford driving any of my SRTs here.. Especially since they would :deal:tax me to register them according to the amount of horsepower. I calculated more than $275k(USD) in Norwegian taxes alone for both vehicles (not including shipping).
Thats a crazy amount of taxes.

Whitesnake said:
i also heard that price on oil is droping! and we will see changes in July!

[Rant] Now why does it work this way? If the oil companies even get a whiff that the oil prices are going up then prices immediately jump at the pump. They hear that oil prices are coming down and we might see a decrease in gas prices in July. Frikin' unreal. And why is diesel more expensive than gasoline? It takes less refining. If they can make a synthetic oil, why not refine it and make synthetic gasoline? Yeah, I know. It would be more expensive than crude unless they made it in great quantities. [/Rant]

If the price of gas goes down, it may be by 20-40 cents per gallon. But within no time it'll be on it's way back up....

As I've repeated time and again, I'll never again see the days when gas was 17.9 cents a gallon and I could fill up my '56 Chevy for $3.50 (or something fkn wild as that). The Sheiks got our asses over a barrel ('scuze the pun) and their not done drilling us (again sorry) in the keister by a damn shot. We probably will never see pump gas back in the $2 range again...

I recently heard about an gas/oilfield in the Midwestern U.S. that has gone untapped as of yet.... It's not only supposed to be efkn-mense, but of such naturally refined character that it'd be much less expensive to bring to market.... Somebody fill in the blanks on that mutha for me, please.... But, even if we do find an awesome stash of primo petrol, the oil companies aren't going to go without their profits by reducing the cost of gasoline... The rule of thumb today is to charge "whatever the market can possibly bear" .... And that means we are at the (non-existent) mercy of the gas/oil companies....

So, when you rednecks start pointing the finger at the Middle eastern sheiks who steal our dollars at the pump and (with it) build ski slopes in the middle of the desert... Keep in mind that there are plenty of capitalists right here in the USA who (at the same time) are spending their allowances on their own brands of shameless and gratuitous wealth.

So, here's to big block motors and awesomely bodacious protuberances....

It is quite rare (that) something truly great is ever obtained for free......

D

Last edited:
The money is made in the raising of gas prices as oil prices increases. They could wait to raise prices but it would be a leaving money on the table. They have till delivery of the oil contract plus delivery time, but companies need to make there money when they can. then as oil prices drop they slowly lower gasprices to make some money on the backside. Plus taxes grow as a percentage not dollar for dollar, a 10% tax on $3 is $0.30, but when it goes to $4 the tax increases $0.40.

Django said:
If the price of gas goes down, it may be by 20-40 cents per gallon. But within no time it'll be on it's way back up....

As I've repeated time and again, I'll never again see the days when gas was 17.9 cents a gallon and I could fill up my '56 Chevy for $3.50 (or something fkn wild as that). The Sheiks got our asses over a barrel ('scuze the pun) and their not done drilling us (again sorry) in the keister by a damn shot. We probably will never see pump gas back in the $2 range again...

I recently heard about an gas/oilfield in the Midwestern U.S. that has gone untapped as of yet.... It's not only supposed to be efkn-mense, but of such naturally refined character that it'd be much less expensive to bring to market.... Somebody fill in the blanks on that mutha for me, please.... But, even if we do find an awesome stash of primo petrol, the oil companies aren't going to go without their profits by reducing the cost of gasoline... The rule of thumb today is to charge "whatever the market can possibly bear" .... And that means we are at the (non-existent) mercy of the gas/oil companies....

So, when you rednecks start pointing the finger at the Middle eastern sheiks who steal our dollars at the pump and (with it) build ski slopes in the middle of the desert... Keep in mind that there are plenty of capitalists right here in the USA who (at the same time) are spending their allowances on their own brands of shameless and gratuitous wealth.

So, here's to big block motors and awesomely bodacious protuberances....

It is quite rare (that) something truly great is ever obtained for free......

D

AMEN!

Joke!!!!! By the time the prices start to drop it will have gone up more and after it does drop we will still be paying more than we are today....

heard a rig went off line in the north Atlantic real recent

Weakness in the U.S. dollar is pinpointed as a major factor in the rise in oil prices. A weak dollar makes it cheaper for investors using other currencies to invest in oil.

Oil and other commodities are used by investors as a hedge against inflation when the U.S. dollar loses ground.

A little copy and paste job there.... until the US economy recovers the price will stay high IMO....

I understand that it's just that which is to blame for higher crude prices. Crude futures traders have driven up the cost more than any other factor.

As for higher gas prices, I understand it to be more of a supply/demand issue, with the crude prices at the base of the increase.

There are some things that would be helping right now. More US refineries, and more domestic drilling (including ANWAR and offshore). But take a stab at which party has made it almost impossible to do those things.;)

There's no way in Hell the prices will drop in July. With 4th of July and the height of vacation season you think the oil companies will loosen their grip? The higher gas prices are having a domino effect on everything else from the price of steel to a box of cereal. Everything is going up.

(Now I hope I'm proven wrong. I'd gladly be proven wrong just to see some relief in our day to day cost of living. And then I could say I was wrong once too.:D)

Ram From Hell said:
I understand that it's just that which is to blame for higher crude prices. Crude futures traders have driven up the cost more than any other factor.

As for higher gas prices, I understand it to be more of a supply/demand issue, with the crude prices at the base of the increase.

There are some things that would be helping right now. More US refineries, and more domestic drilling (including ANWAR and offshore). But take a stab at which party has made it almost impossible to do those things.;)

Uh, the name start with a "D"?:D

Ram From Hell said:

More oil has nothing to do with it! The Saudis are saying we have plenty of oil and that is not the reason for the change in price. If drilling in ANWAR would make a difference I would be all for it but every panel has agreed that over a 10 year span of drilling it would cumulatively lower gas prices by less than a cent!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back