Gas Tank Venting - Cant' refuel fast

attila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Bros

I was at the pump and I had a gas shower ($8.7/gal here) when refueling. I can't press the nozzle lever all the way: if the flow is fast it gets stuck way down the pipe. When opening the cap I can feel the air sucked inside the tank, so it should be some venting hole in trouble.

any clues?

thanks
Gabriele

mornin

sounds like the check ball that gets stuck every now and then in the filler neck.

did it twice on my black one. both times got pissed & just drove it & it unstuck itsself

Yup that is probably the cause. Beat on the filler tube a little maybe you will knock it free.

Nice to see you on the site! When are you coming back for another visit with us here in Chicago?

Roy

Happened on my 05 once a month, until i figured out that i cant top off the fuel tank. Its like when you fill it to the tube, and hit a bump, the fuel sloshes and jams it in there. When i stopped trying to put that last drop it never happened again. Never happened on my 06 tho. Guess they figured out how to fix it

happened to me once also. Drove around for a week and still wouldn't take fuel quickly. The filler neck easily disconnects from the tank and you can stick your finger in far enough to feel the cage/ball valve. Hasn't done it since then.

your overflow tube is either plugged or is full of fuel ,,it works to let air out of tank also when filling up ,,i bet it will burp gas out at you as you fill up ;)

same thing happend to me. Fill the tank up all the way and go on a empty road and get up to a decent speed and whip the truck back and forth, the slushing fuel will release the valve.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back