Gas

King

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas here in lower Colorado went down today from $3.49 to $3.29 (regular). Which is nice for us, but my question, with the gas situation (higher prices), some of the people here are wondering if the gas stations are watering down the gas. I've noticed that my truck for the last month will start up, then turn off almost right away, then when i start it up again, it runs fine. I've read that we are not to put additives (octain boost) in our tanks, but if this is happening, is there something we can add to help.

P.S. We don't have a big selection of gas stations here, and i've put gas in from every station here. And my girlfriends and some of my friends vehicals are doing the same, so i'm leaning toward the gas.:dontknow:

yeah i know we can only put 91 in it. i only used the regular price as reference. the highest octane we have is 91. above that is airplane fuel

Last edited:
im in alamosa, closer to taos than farmington. i've been to farmington once. used to do stereo competitions. the one i went to was at mccains audio.

should be. just dont want to mess anything up ya know.

King said:
im in alamosa, closer to taos than farmington. i've been to farmington once. used to do stereo competitions. the one i went to was at mccains audio.
old andrew huh he has done lot of work for me know mcdue has been doin some stuff for me there is a bout 8 srt 10s here in farmington

im the only one in alamosa, but there are like two other ones both red one rc one qc. but i dont see them that often.

You dont need High octane in a stock truck...........

If you can pull 50 hp by advancing the timing and run 93 octane, a stock truck can run 89............ if not 87 just listen for pinging..............

And my opinion is, if you are going to run less than 93 octane install a VEC III and get programs for 91 and 87 octane...then use the appropriate card for the fuel you purchase. You will be able to change the tune to suit the fuel you purchase. You can purchase the VEC from Roe Racing.

505'sFastestViper. said:
whats up king where at in colo im in farmington nm

I have relatives in Farmington. I grew up in upper Colorado. Haven't been to Farmington for about 30 years or so.

Stretch

i'm still putting in 2 fluid oz. of pure acetone for every ten gallons (93 octane). runs real smooth;)

I haven't seen 93 octane here in colorado for a while. Actually last time i saw 93 octane was in New Mexico. So you guys are saying is that 91 octane is still low for this truck. Never heard of acetone but they do sell NOS octane boost that will up the octane. But again they say not to put additives to the gas.

here ya go...http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/
King said:
I haven't seen 93 octane here in colorado for a while. Actually last time i saw 93 octane was in New Mexico. So you guys are saying is that 91 octane is still low for this truck. Never heard of acetone but they do sell NOS octane boost that will up the octane. But again they say not to put additives to the gas.
this is a good read....http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Ever since the gas prices went up, I suspected that something was different with fuel. While I have not experienced this particular scenario, I have noticed that I seem to be filling up our vehicles more often than normal. I am driving the same distances but getting less fuel mileage.

Wow, never thought acetone can be used for that, have you every had any problems (internal) just a crazy concept. But thanks for that info, going to look more indept at it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back