Gaslamp

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Anybody have any good suggestions for places to eat/hang in the gaslamp in San Diego? Gonna head down there with the woman tomorrow night, and want to have a good time. Thinking about the Oceanaire for oysters and dinner and then maybe head over to the Shout House. Anybody been to either one?

I've been down there once, but I was pretty hammered.... not sure where we went:eek: :dontknow: It was a good time though:D

Sorry Bob, even though I live in SD I still dont make it downtown often :(

Plus Im married, so my life revoles around work, kids, and home heheh

RedSrt007 said:
Sorry Bob, even though I live in SD I still dont make it downtown often :(

Plus Im married, so my life revoles around work, kids, and home heheh
Know what you mean. The OL has never been to the gaslamp, and the last time I was there was years ago. hehe

What you could do is park in Horton plaza and walk around downtown and check out the restaurants; they will usually have their menu on display out front. You can get your parking ticket validated by any store in Horton Plaza when you buy something so just buy some gum or something.

It's been a few years since I was in "Sand Dog" so most of the good spots (back in the day) I knew of are prob gone... :)

I had fun at Dick's and we frequented Hooters. It's a really nice area to just walk around. I wouldn't go there with the intention of going to one spot, check out several and then make up your mind.

I do not do much partying downtown, But once in awhile i stop for a brew or two. There is a parking structure at the end of 6th on the left side. It is right across from Hard Rock, The Tin fish, And the Ball Park. You are within walking of several places from there. :dontknow:

BlackKnight said:
What you could do is park in Horton plaza and walk around downtown and check out the restaurants; they will usually have their menu on display out front. You can get your parking ticket validated by any store in Horton Plaza when you buy something so just buy some gum or something.
Is that mall/parking structure over there by the Hard Rock? Might be the same place JR is talking about.

Django said:
I'm no expert on the gaslamp, but I've heard that Croce's is good.........

D
Actually had made reservations there, but after checking out the menu decided to cancel them. Just didn't get excited by it, but I'm thinking we might stop in there for a cocktail or 2 or 3 before we eat hehe.

Turns out it's restaurant week in SD right now too, nothing like getting lucky.

be sure to chug a jug for me an one dozen steamed please, well......................................make that three dozen:D

OCBob said:
Is that mall/parking structure over there by the Hard Rock? Might be the same place JR is talking about.

Yes thats the place! If you want a good beer or two, check out Yard House, they have over 100 beers on tap and you can get them in 1 1/2 ft or 3ft tall glasses :rock:

BlackKnight said:
Yes thats the place! If you want a good beer or two, check out Yard House, they have over 100 beers on tap and you can get them in 1 1/2 ft or 3ft tall glasses :rock:
We've got Yard House's around here. I've always found the beer to be piss warm and pricey. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back