Gauge Pod

tommmmy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok have been looking around for a gauge pod. I want to add a wide Band gauge on the truck I have a couple of questions. First off How important is the Oil Temp Gauge?:dontknow: Was thinking about replacing it with the Wide Band Gauge. Second I have seen a couple places selling a 2 gauge A-Pillar mount but I couldn't tell if it was the whole cover or you leave the factory one on and this goes over top of it and I couldn't tell what kind of quality they were. :dontknow: But a 2 gauge one would be fine. I know there are some nice 3 gauge ones but I don't want the 3 gauge one, I think it looks tacky:bebored: and I'm sure it would be hard to see the gauges there. My third choice would be to get the steering column one. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks Phillip

I get more good comments about the 3 gauge pod than any other interior mod..you replace the plastic piller whether you go with a 2 or 3 gauge......I actually think a trans temp gauge would be more important than oil temp..:dontknow:

I don't think a trans temp guage would be that important in a manual transmission. JMHO

actually think a trans temp gauge would be more important than oil temp..:dontknow:[/QUOTE]

tommmmy03 said:
I don't think a trans temp guage would be that important in a manual transmission. JMHO

actually think a trans temp gauge would be more important than oil temp..:dontknow:
[/quote]

The Tremec web site states that overheating the manual T-56 trans fluid is a no-no...

CAUTION
Excessive temperatures may break down the
transmission lubricant (refer to vehicle service
manual for maximum allowable temperature).If there
is reason to believe that the transmission has been
subjected to temperatures exceeding 275° F, change
the lubricant immediately.

tommmmy03 said:
I know there are some nice 3 gauge ones but I don't want the 3 gauge one, I think it looks tacky:bebored: and I'm sure it would be hard to see the gauges there. My third choice would be to get the steering column one. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks Phillip

i have a tripple gauge pillar pod and love it, one for boost/vacc, one for oil temp, and one for a/f uego... i was looking at the one that goes under the factory radio in the little compartment befor i got the pillar, but i think it holds three... if you get one for the pillar make sure its the full length one not the one you put on the factory one..POS:D

perk_1405 said:
i have a tripple gauge pillar pod and love it, one for boost/vacc, one for oil temp, and one for a/f uego... i was looking at the one that goes under the factory radio in the little compartment befor i got the pillar, but i think it holds three... if you get one for the pillar make sure its the full length one not the one you put on the factory one..POS:D

Yeah that was one of the problems with the 2 guage one. The one I seen looked like it went over the factory one. Any one with a 2 pod A-Pillar set up speak up

I got mine at Summit Racing, they're all from AutoMeter. They fit perfectly and were very easy to read.

Attachments

• DSCF1143.JPG
    DSCF1143.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCF1144.JPG
    DSCF1144.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,929
  • DSCF1145.JPG
    DSCF1145.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,145
  • DSCF1150.JPG
    DSCF1150.JPG