Gears??

Hilgee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken out there 456 gears and drop "down" to 410, 373, 354. IF so what did you use to fix the speedometer??

Thanks

ViperPunk said:
does this mean you might possibly have 4.56s laying around:dontknow:

Yes, I need to get more pull out of my third gear. Right now with the 456 I only get to about 120 then it runs out. I want to be able to go through the trap in third. My motor builder thinks a 354 gear ( i think) will get me up to 145 ish.

You need'em ?????

Hilgee said:
Yes, I need to get more pull out of my third gear. Right now with the 456 I only get to about 120 then it runs out. I want to be able to go through the trap in third. My motor builder thinks a 354 gear ( i think) will get me up to 145 ish.

You need'em ?????
ya my stock 04 needs more umphh

No need to mess around with the speedo unless you change tire height. If the QC come with 4.56's, the 3.73's should keep you in 3rd going through the traps.

FATJACK said:
You gonna need something fast to push you up to 100 or so, talk about a slug!!!

Them fight'n words:D

I should have enough to get out of the hole...:rock:

Hilgee said:

You need'em ?????

What mods do you have that you are worrying about "120 thru the traps"???:confused:

It is the new and improved hilge-ssey.

I don't have as much as someone... (505):p

But If can stay in third it should be well in the 10s and safely in there.:rock:

TNVIPER said:
What mods do you have that you are worrying about "120 thru the traps"???:confused:

This is Walts old truck from Hennessey 1000hp twin turbo package that never ran, Hilgee bought it from Walt and totally re did the build = and now hes back in the game....

thats the story as I know it.. and maybe hes pushing more than 1k hp now who knows...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
This is Walts old truck from Hennessey 1000hp twin turbo package that never ran, Hilgee bought it from Walt and totally re did the build = and now hes back in the game....

thats the story as I know it.. and maybe hes pushing more than 1k hp now who knows...

Thanks for filling in the blanks...thought I had missed something here...:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back