Gen-X Shifter

tommmmy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just got the shifter today and put it in. Going to take it back out. Any body want it? PM me with offer. It will be sold!

mauiSRT/10 said:
I was told that its completly different than the gen 1..............gen x has a twist to it or something?

Post your thoughts Tom.

patrick

I guess TWIST would be a good word. I keep checking my shifter ball, I keep thinking it has came loose. It didn't solve the problem of 2nd to 3rd at WOT and not lifting your right foot. I'm begining to think there may be a problem other then the shifter

I doubt there is anything wrong with your tranny...............Do you have the viper master slave upgrade in there already? If your not sure, Tim certainly does.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I doubt there is anything wrong with your tranny...............Do you have the viper master slave upgrade in there already? If your not sure, Tim certainly does.

patrick
Yup in there

just relax Tom.... how can you get used to a performance shifter in 1 hour ? :confused: :dontknow: forget mountain-high expectations and try again tomorrow :rock: ;)

The truck has a new clutch and a new Viper slave in there. ;) You just can't hold the throttle pegged and still hit the 2-3 shift in these trucks consistently like you can an old 4 speed car. You can change the whole drive train out and you'll still never be able to do that. :D

You just need some time to get used to how the truck works.:nurse:

The shifter takes some time to break in. I hated mine when I first got it and as I used it more the better it worked.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back