George Steinbrenner RIP

TREKER said:
Love him or hate him... He was a force to be reckoned with in baseball.. 80 years old on 7/4/10

Rest in peace George...

He was indeed.

RIP George...

Black1 said:
Rest in peace, George. You made a difference.... and you work harder than everyone else.
And he was great on Seinfeld.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Bobby beat me to the punch...........

Steinbrenner was the kind'a lunatic that ya have to admire...... He just wanted to win- and he did.... seven times....

George was more of an institution than an owner. he really was The Bronx Bombers, the Yankees.... the greatest baseball team on Earth.

RIP, sir.............

Now. How 'bout that fancy mustard?

D

Last edited:
God Bless and God Speed George.....

Note: I was not a fan of his, however has my respect

ViperJeff said:
God Bless and God Speed George.....

Note: I was not a fan of his, however has my respect

This stimulates a thought, Jeff......

From time to time we post news of someone's passing. These can be anyone- from one of our own to politicians, celebrities and so on. An example that comes to mind was the recent passing of Senator Robert Byrd.

There are those who will follow the path of politeness not to speak ill of the dead. In particular, those who've just died usually receive a modicum of restraint. But, guys like Charles Manson or Hitler will nearly always get both barrels.

Where do you guys draw the line........? Who's worthy of deference? Everyone? No one?

The Robert Byrd pejoratives were (for me) uncalled for.... But some dissed his dead ass anyway....

Where's your line in the sand....?

D

Last edited:
Django said:
This stimulates a thought, Jeff......

From time to time we post news of someone's passing. These can be anyone- from one of our own to politicians, celebrities and so on. An example that comes to mind was the recent passing of Senator Robert Byrd.

There are those who will follow the path of politeness not to speak ill of the dead. In particular, those who've just died usually receive a modicum of restraint. But, guys like Charles Manson or Hitler will nearly always get both barrels.

Where do you guys draw the line........? Who's worthy of deference? Everyone? No one?

The Robert Byrd pejoratives were (for me) uncalled for.... But some dissed his dead ass anyway....

Where's your line in the sand....?

D

maybe a discussion for another thread :eek:

Definitely a hands on Owner that made the Yankees a into a team that every pro Baseball player (wheither they said it or not) wanted to be on.

You know if you made the Yankee roster, you were on the best team in the League.

Going to miss you Mr. Steinbrenner.
(Even if you did fire Joe Torre)

nycstev said:
RIP Big George. We will win it again this year for you.:rock:

:dito:

Think he said something once like "I don't get heart attacks, I give them"

Go Yanks !!!

Now that's funny.

Will be thinking about him next month when I go see the Yankee's play in Kansas City.

Thanks for everything Big George. I hated it when he wanted Mattingly to cut his hair, in retrospect he just knew before the rest of us how dumb mullets look

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back