Get a Problem with my truck!!

ViperPoweredRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving it out to park for a while and i started to smell burning oil. When i opened the hood there was oil everywhere. the dipstick had been spit out, and i think that is where all of the oil came from, but i don't have any idea what would cause that to happen. I hope that it is not a big prolem. what do you guys think????. Any suggestions?

sounds like there is too much crank case pressure,check for a clogged pcv valve.

Brat said:
sounds like there is too much crank case pressure,check for a clogged pcv valve.

If I am not misstaken we do not have PCV valves. However do check your crank case breather lines.

thanks for all of the tips guys. i do still have a warranty but the truck is about 40 miles from the closest dealer.

Brat said:

He is right. It probably is because of blowby. The blowby is caused by no good seals on the piston. Have it towing to the dealership. I am not sure if the truck have a pcv valve.

i was only driving about 30 mph on some dirt roads. it blew right as i was pulling in to the shop to park it. the motor still had oil in it. i am planning on getting it towed like everyone said, but there is not a viper tech anywhere in the area.

Driving on dirt roads.....that had to have been what did it. Egad man, think of the stone chips.

Ditto

ViperPoweredRam said:
I was driving it out to park for a while and i started to smell burning oil. When i opened the hood there was oil everywhere. the dipstick had been spit out, and i think that is where all of the oil came from, but i don't have any idea what would cause that to happen. I hope that it is not a big prolem. what do you guys think????. Any suggestions?

Exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago, at the base of the tube. Needless to say it took awhile to wash and clean the motor. I have heard of oil line issues, now this is the second tube in a couple weeks :dontknow:

Anybody else have split dipstick tube issues?

Jim

Just outta curiosity..could it be that you checked the oil previously and didnt put the stick all the way back in?...or were muckin around in there and pulled it out partially and ddidnt know it?...just a thought..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back