Get to meet my half brother for the first time today

outnumbered

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are in the Dominican Republic on vacation. My dad has lived here for the last 25 years and married a Dominican woman. So I get to meet her and my younger, half brother; who happens to be 16 years old. Notice I said "younger" and not "little". He is 6' 2" and 240 pounds. I'm a little excited.

Have fun.
Just met one of my half brothers last year who lives just 45 min north of me.

Gentlemen, that is great for all of you. Hope all goes well and you have been blessed.

Have fun, and be careful! Those guys in the the Dominican Republic know how to party!

The time together went great. I think he loves vehicles as much as I do; although his dream car is a Camaro. I then showed him the new Hellcat commercial, and I think he is torn.

That was also only the second time that I have seen my dad in the last 22 years. We had a period of estrangement for a while....not really sure why. Lesson learned at 45, swallow your pride and always keep your family close.

The time together went great. I think he loves vehicles as much as I do; although his dream car is a Camaro. I then showed him the new Hellcat commercial, and I think he is torn.

That was also only the second time that I have seen my dad in the last 22 years. We had a period of estrangement for a while....not really sure why. Lesson learned at 45, swallow your pride and always keep your family close.

Oh man, how many of us could learn a lesson from you. Pride will kill and without family, we have little in life. Glad it went well.

I got to meet a half brother of mine when I was about 35 ,he was about 40ish ,Two months later his wife called me wanting to borrow money :(

I got to meet a half brother of mine when I was about 35 ,he was about 40ish ,Two months later his wife called me wanting to borrow money :([/

Wow. Well mine is only 16 and my dad is still in pretty good health. So I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, if he ever needed any help I would be there for him. I know this kid means the same to my dad as I did. So I feel it would be my responsibility.

I got to meet a half brother of mine when I was about 35 ,he was about 40ish ,Two months later his wife called me wanting to borrow money :([/

Wow. Well mine is only 16 and my dad is still in pretty good health. So I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, if he ever needed any help I would be there for him. I know this kid means the same to my dad as I did. So I feel it would be my responsibility.

I actually planned on helping them except I was working out of town and told her I would when I got home and she got real snotty with me ,when I asked what it was for she told me none of my business . If you are going to bum $5000 bucks from me I kind of think I have a reason to ask .

Since I did not give it up our relationship has never been very close .A comment was made to another family member that I was tight with my money .Kind of pissed me off .But we were raised in an entirely different environment .Even though we were not rich or real poor my parents made me work and save for everything I got .

I actually planned on helping them except I was working out of town and told her I would when I got home and she got real snotty with me ,when I asked what it was for she told me none of my business . If you are going to bum $5000 bucks from me I kind of think I have a reason to ask .

Since I did not give it up our relationship has never been very close .A comment was made to another family member that I was tight with my money .Kind of pissed me off .But we were raised in an entirely different environment .Even though we were not rich or real poor my parents made me work and save for everything I got .

Not meaning to preach my friend (and yes, there is a side to you I think I could really get to like if I knew you better---hence the word friend) but take a look at Luke 6:27-36. My bride says I will die broke as I give way too generously to those in need. Am I telling you to do this----absolutely not. Your relatives attitude would be very hard to want to help. My problem is I do not love money but people. Believe it or not there are those on this forum that I pray for everyday.

I would not put my standards on others, just telling you what I would do. Not telling you that withholding your hard earned money is wrong. Each of us has to do what our conscious dictates. Sounds like you are a giving person, just have a few conditions. Sadly that is most of us, we have a lot of conditions on our giving and that is the reason when someone asks I do not ask what they are wanting the money for. There lifestyle pretty well tells me what they will use the money for and no to drugs and booze, they do not qualify for charity. Kids must not be neglected either. And no, I do not go around throwing my money around to everyone that asks. I just try to do unto others as I want them to do unto me. :dontknow:

Dude, If your going to quote someone at least quote the right person, And you are pushing your religious views once again .This is not a bully pulpit for you to preach and push your religious views that you yourself do not follow .:dontknow:

Dude, If your going to quote someone at least quote the right person, And you are pushing your religious views once again .This is not a bully pulpit for you to preach and push your religious views that you yourself do not follow .:dontknow:

Sorry, I forgot who I was speaking to. My bad. Just hoping someone preaches to ya. Eternity is a looooog time. :D

Sorry, I forgot who I was speaking to. My bad. Just hoping someone preaches to ya. Eternity is a looooog time. :D

That's not your place . Or your business .I'm Muslim and you are an infidel .:D

That's not your place . Or your business .I'm Muslim and you are an infidel .:D

Ha ha. Clueless in Houston. Difference is Muslim and Christian. One attempts to convert from love of others and the other converts with bombs and AK47's See if you can figure out which is which. :chain:

Ha ha. Clueless in Houston. Difference is Muslim and Christian. One attempts to convert from love of others and the other converts with bombs and AK47's See if you can figure out which is which. :chain:

Once more you show your self righteous hypocrite ideas .Preach on Jimmy Swaggart

O so easy to show what a old fool you are .Hell I'm not even Muslim and you fell for that .What a chump .:D I'm a Buddhist.:)

Ha, your confused. Old fool? Right, and this coming from someone that so easy to bait into showing his real nature. :D

Ya probably will not take my advice on buying silver cause I'm just an old fool. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back