get you some, motorcycle riders. why i don't have one.

Silverback said:
Well said son. :rock:

Here is what I say about Helmet Laws.

It's not what's on your head that saves your life. It's what's in your head that does.

You do stupid things, be it in a cage or on a bike, you will probably pay for it at some time in the future.
We also have a saying around these parts," Spend on a helmet what you think you put in it, is worth"

yeah wear a helmet, cause the D.O.T. helmet this guy was wearing really saved him.:dontknow:

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my nephew Teddy's death.

He crashed his sportbike at triple digit speeds straight into the back of a pickup truck on the Boeing freeway..... He wound her up tight and came over the top of the hill....KABLAM...... Dead 21 yr old kid.....

RIP Teddy...........

When yer dealing with the death of a friend or family member, the helmet law issue becomes exceedingly moot and meaningless....

D

OCBob said:
RIP Teddy........

I only hope I go out quickly and doing something I love too. It's all any of us can hope for.

Hope to finally get to see ya' at Penchanga, Bobby.

D

Funny thing that comes up when you start talking about motorcycles.....fairly high percentage of people in the medical field view them as "donor cycles".

What drives me crazy is when they try to convince everyone that they should give up riding too, because it's "dangerous" All the while they are smoking, dipping or drinking......:dontknow:

I respect your right to live your life not knowing the feeling of riding a 100hp 400 pound piece of art that will embarass some of the most expensive sports cars on the road (not to mention our trucks). But that's your right. :D

I've got some scars to prove I was not the smartest, nor luckiest guy on the road, but I'll always ride motorcycles. Everytime I know I got away with one has made me a better and safer rider (hopefully). :nurse:

MUTT said:
yeah wear a helmet, cause the D.O.T. helmet this guy was wearing really saved him.:dontknow:
Obviously no amount of money spent on a helmet would have saved this poor fellow.

true, which is kind of why helmet laws are retarded. no amount of prevention or laws on the books will stop "stupid" from being the major factor in a motorcycle accident. doing 120 anywhere except on a track, on 2 wheels is just a dumb move. now add traffic to the scenerio and this is what you end up with.
as far as helmet laws are concerned, i dont believe that any state agency has the right the tell you that it is mandantory to wear a helmet while riding. we dont have helmet laws here in florida (for adults) and this is the way it should be. period.

my brother in law just got a harley, him and my sister are headed to biloxi this weekend, i think they went to the skynard concert last night. hope they make it home ok, there boys are the meanest lil bastages on this earth. id sure hate to have to finish raising them.....lol anyway its a cool looking bike only two tone green harley ive seen.

eddie102870 said:
my brother in law just got a harley, him and my sister are headed to biloxi this weekend, i think they went to the skynard concert last night. hope they make it home ok, there boys are the meanest lil bastages on this earth. id sure hate to have to finish raising them.....lol anyway its a cool looking bike only two tone green harley ive seen.
I know some folks that went to that show last night too.

You don't see many green bikes, green has always been considered bad luck for scooters. But I have one too lol.

green is definately a bad luck color...on bikes and on cars as well....at least for me, the stupidstisicous type

I am totally against helmit laws, but I will NEVER ride without one.

I can't tell you how many times I just got done cleaning my visor only to have a large juicy bug splatter across the whole visor. My face is bad enough on its own, I don't need shit hitting it at 70 MPH.

We don't need Big Brother telling us what we should wear when riding or driving.

Bill.

MUTT said:
i have many, many years of riding scoots under my belt. you just have to be smarter than the bike you are trying to ride. if this guy was going 120 when he hit, apparently the road he was traveling was not safe enough or he did not have the experience to be doing 120. the bike is not the problem, but usually the dumb ass trying to ride it is the problem. The other danger is people riding in cages around you, for some reason you tend to blend with the surroundings, or thats what the people claim when they hit you. for the most part, the people who ride the "street bikes" are usually a$$holes, doing wheelies, speeding, front brake stoppies etc. save your money, buy a harley with loud pipes, be heard, be seen and get laid.:rock:

Damn Mutt,you hit my situation right on the head !!!Want to play,got to pay !!!The question is,are you willing to pay the ULTIMATE PRICE ?? I got a reprieve in my sitch,but I got what I DESERVED !!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back