Getting Line-X installed this weekend

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor had it done to his F150 a few months ago and it looks great.

I'm going to have them roll it up on the lip, or edge of the bed all the way around. That way I can remove those crappy rubber gaskets under the wing and just mount the wing against the Linex-X.

Thoughts?

get the line-x kevlar

Dont watch them do the install................they actually grind all the paint off down to the bare metal!!!! Scary stuff!! When I first got my truck, I was thinking, "I dont need Line X". Now after 3 years, having the inside of the bed sprayed would have been a good idea.

Post a pic when its done.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Dont watch them do the install................they actually grind all the paint off down to the bare metal!!!! Scary stuff!! When I first got my truck, I was thinking, "I dont need Line X". Now after 3 years, having the inside of the bed sprayed would have been a good idea.

Post a pic when its done.

patrick

You can still do it! My bed looks like crap which is why I'm doing it, AND because my last truck started rusting at the seams of the bed after 5 or 6 years of snow sitting in the bed during the winter months.

It's great preventative maintenance.

Had mine done 2 weeks ago stayed under the edge except for very front next to the cab love it. Now i can set things in back and not worry about the paint .

The only thing I put in my truck bed is my wife...and that is only when my dog is in the passenger seat!

Anything else is truck abuse.

But please post before and after pics, my wife does kick and scratch when I throw her back there.

Roy

SHU-DOG said:
For the REFLEX brand you add about 50lbs.

Maybe a little less for the LINE-X brand as theirs is a little less material/thinner application.
Thanks... I thought it weighed quite a bit, but just didn't know for sure.

I have Line-X done in mine under the rail. I don't haul anything so I prefer leaving the top of the bed painted.

-Muzzy

amtrucker22 said:
How much weight does this add to the truck?

My thought exactly,also remember that it is irreversible and be really sure you want this.On another note..I think it looks great!!:)

I had LineX put in one time and it started to discolor. I had all the paper work for the life time warranty and ended up contacting LIneX corporate to try to get it fixed. FOund out the LineX guarranty is not worth the paper it was printed on. Try RHino liner or anything else but Line X. They did not stand behind their product at all.

I had a Linex done on my 05 Dually 2+ years ago and it still looks new.

I have a tonneau cover on it so the sun can't cook it.

The Linex dealer that did mine (Linex of Kearney Mesa, San Diego, Allex Stodard) told me that if it is out of the sun it will last indefinatly. If it is in the sun it needs another step of a clear coat with UV protectorants, sprayed over the original.

The sun will cook almost anything....................:mad:

i think you will like the liner but as for the lip rails being done also i would think diffrently about that with the wing.

Actually almost any bedliner can be taken off. TRUST ME I KNOW. I took off a local brand Diamond Coatings off a truck bed as the customer wanted a color matched one from me. It took a full day. Basically gottah cut down through the product to the bed metal in about 1" strips. Then get under it and pull it off. Sometimes it comes off real easy others not so easy.

Most LIne-X brands do not use a UV top coat. It adds to the cost. Hence why Line-X warranty does not say anything about fading. Only flaking, peeling, cracking etc.

Be careful of the Rhinolining. They have gone through like 4 different iterations of their product. I think their plant just got a huge fine in LA/San Diego. Rumor and all. They used to have red that faded to like pink/orange in less than a year.

SHU

FSTJACK is right any of the brands will stay looking good IF they are kept out of the sun. I have had several thats the only way to make them live here in the high desert keep them covered up.

I mist mine with Finish 2000 and wipe it down every time it gets waxed. It keeps it looking shiny and black. Just make sure you tie down anything you put in it, otherwise it will slide around.

I like Line-X purely for the fact I had it on my 3/4 ton. I used to throw concrete, retaining wall bricks, wood, and other construction materials in the bed. After washing it out, the Line-X always looked brand new. No scratches, scrapes, or chips. It is some pretty tough stuff.

-Muzzy

thought about the bed-rug? ive' had mine two years still looks new,won't stain,scratch or fade!...and its not permanent!;)

The only thing I would be concerned with on the bed rug is moisture getting trapped between the rug and the paint causing it to cloud or corrode. I have never had one though, so I have no idea how well it breathes.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back