Gibson Headers?

59caddyhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the most reasonable place to buy some ceramic coated gibson shorty headers???

Is it worth paying the extra for the ceramic or do the stainless do the job just the same. :dontknow:

Cheers up front,
Hog.

The Gibson's are good, but I think the Bassani's are a little better. However get what makes you happy.

Bill.

I don't recall if anyone here has Gibson Headers...they have been around for a long time, but they do not seem to be too popular for our trucks.

Ceramic coating is a must in my opinion. One of the major issues with the Viper header is engine temperature (AIT). When I coated my MOPAR long tube headers, it dropped the engine compartment temperatures significantly. Maybe 70 or 80 degrees F.

For that reason alone, I would coat the headers.

there are two types of gibson header ,,,there are a set that has small tubes 1 5/8 ,,,there are smalllllll,,,if you do go gibsons make sure they are the large tube ones

My first set of headers were Gibson's because no one else made them for out trucks. The primary tubes and the ports to the heads were to small. Compair these Pic's of Gibson / Bassani. Gibsons on top.

Attachments

• Bas-GibLS.JPG
    Bas-GibLS.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 894
I ran Gibsons for years,The tube diameter was 1.58.With the Gibsons and full factory cats,I dyno'd 635 hp/620 tq..At Bradenton,I ran a 12.2 at 115.Throttle response and fuel mileage was great(18.5 avg.)I have since upgraded to Mopar long tubes,which I like alot!!I do have a coated set for sale or trade for ???Asking price(How about $350.00).Gibsons do work,I don't care what any one says,But if your looking to make big power(over 700hp),I would look elsewhere.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back