Gigi died this morning

Take some time spend it with your family... She is in a much better place and suffers no more..

K-80-123 said:
Dear Members of the Viper Truck Club of America,

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and heartfelt condolences. I know that she is in heaven with her momma and daddy and the rest of her family that have gone before her. I will miss her terribly, but, she will be in my heart forever. She has left a wonderful legacy in her children and grand-children.

Sincerely,
Vickie
Vickie, she was very lucky to have a daughter like you who cared so much! God Bless you girl. You are a ROCK.............. :rock: My prayers are with you and yours through your time of grief.

She is finally at peace now with the Lord.

Vickie and Walt, Rest now, and take care of yourselves.. God Bless you both and your families .......

and Walt, thank you for the updates, I am sure it was not easy to keep us posted like you did - we do appreciate it.

RIP Gigi !!! You are one tough granny ;)

Last edited:
Walt, i am very sorry to be reading this post, my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family mate..

RIP Gigi

Thanks for all the kind words....we have everything set for Thursday....gives everyone from out of town a chance to make travel plans.

I think once this is over I am going to take Vickie to Vegas for a long weekend....she would like to see the show "O" and some others....little drinkey......who knows maybe I might get lucky...:)

It is all about Family! May her passing allow unitly in your lives and and her memory remain a bright anchor for all who knew her.

K-80-123 said:
Thanks for all the kind words....we have everything set for Thursday....gives everyone from out of town a chance to make travel plans.

I think once this is over I am going to take Vickie to Vegas for a long weekend....she would like to see the show "O" and some others....little drinkey......who knows maybe I might get lucky...:)

Morning Walt.

I lue of sending flowers, is there a charity that we can make a donation to in Gigi's memory?:dontknow:

If not, post an address that we can send flowers to.

The address for the funeral home is Reynolds Funeral Home 1916 S Sheridan Road Tulsa, OK 74112.

(918) 838-1332...is the phone number

Gigi's name is Camille Staples...but everyone who knew her called her Gigi... Vickie and I are not asking for any donations but if someone would like to send flowers that would be great in her memory.

Thank You, Walt

May Gigi be at peace and may both you and Vickie have comfort as soon as possible. Warmest regards to you both.

Vickie,
You are obviously a wonderful daughter, and I am sure your mother was pround of you till the end. Walt you are a fantastic son-in-law for sharing this with us. Thanks for you openness in this hard time. God Bless you both.

Our condolences Walt.....:eek: May her soul have a peaceful resting place and I wish you and Vickie strength through it all.

Well guys Vickie and I have been busy with all of the affairs that go with someone who has died.....Gigi has a home, condo and all the stuff......she was a pack-rat and kept everything....we found every check she had ever written........Why??????

Gigi's home is directly across from a church and her home is only one on the block the church does not own......they want to purchase the home and have been very pushy with Vickie to sell......they did the appraisal and it came back with a number that was pretty good.......we met with them at Gigi's house and their attorney was with them......long story short this guy pissed me off and I asked him to leave....:(

I think Gigi would have been proud of me....she never really wanted to sell her home to the church......so I think Vickie and I are going to keep the house and sell sometime later....will rent it for now.....but we are not going to sell to the church.

After cleaning out Gigi's house I can tell you......purge all the stuff you don't use don't leave it for your kids.....and if you have no children....don't leave it to your relatives.....man she had sooooooo much stuff and a lot of it should have been pitched long ago.

Thanks again for your support during this difficult time...we are both much better now......funny how time can do that to you.

Walt

K-80-123 said:
Well guys Vickie and I have been busy with all of the affairs that go with someone who has died.....Gigi has a home, condo and all the stuff......she was a pack-rat and kept everything....we found every check she had ever written........Why??????

Gigi's home is directly across from a church and her home is only one on the block the church does not own......they want to purchase the home and have been very pushy with Vickie to sell......they did the appraisal and it came back with a number that was pretty good.......we met with them at Gigi's house and their attorney was with them......long story short this guy pissed me off and I asked him to leave....:(

I think Gigi would have been proud of me....she never really wanted to sell her home to the church......so I think Vickie and I are going to keep the house and sell sometime later....will rent it for now.....but we are not going to sell to the church.

After cleaning out Gigi's house I can tell you......purge all the stuff you don't use don't leave it for your kids.....and if you have no children....don't leave it to your relatives.....man she had sooooooo much stuff and a lot of it should have been pitched long ago.

Thanks again for your support during this difficult time...we are both much better now......funny how time can do that to you.

Walt

When I see you had posted on this thread again I figured it had something to do with all the stuff she had kept over the years since you had mentioned it before.

By the way, I agree, if you don't use it, get rid of it so others don't have to later on.

Damn lawyers. Well that's not really fair. There are good one's, it's just that one like that makes the rest look bad. Good for you for throwing him out.

Glad to here you are both feeling better. Time does help.

Take care Walt.

I know that this is not the issue but I will relate the story just for perspective...

As a hospital executive we had a similar situation with one home owner...but their objective after the death of their father was huge profit. It was a corner lot, we owned everything surrounding it. The land was part of our long term plan, buildings were designed the process was in place...the land and home were probably worth and appraised around $400k.

The purchase price eventually approached ten times the value...and we paid it. Now as a hospital in Florida we could have pulled all the strings to have the zoning changed and we had the horses to get it done. That would have made the property useless to the owners, and we could have purchased it for a little over the appraised price. Our CEO simple would not pull the trigger...I loved her for that. But it cost us a bundle.

Have your lawyer assure you that nothing similar is possible. And be sure they are monitoring any and all activity on a local basis to assure that you are not being squeezed politically in a way that you cannot respond. One of the the things learned in the corporate world is that if you want to get it done...you can get it done...churches are big business, I have had several pastors as clients and my job was to teach them to be CEO's.

I admire your stance, just be sure that you have a lawyer that stays on top of the situation.

Last edited:
The only thing about this that is comforting is Gigi's suffering is no more. May she rest in eternal peace. When I lost my grandmother to cancer the thought of her eventual peace eased my pain in time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Walt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back