Glasspack

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i posted up a while ago but never really got any responses... i was wondering if anybody has any sound clips/vids of our trucks with some glasspacks thrown on (ie. cherry bombs) i want to hear the sound before i waste my time

i had some on with catless mid ,,,got pulled over twice ,,,for loud noise ,,,

viperpwred said:
Wat about sound? Nice deep v10 rumble?

yes but the popping is also there ,,,i would set off car alarms the way i had it ..:D

Ironhead said:
yes but the popping is also there ,,,i would set off car alarms the way i had it ..:D

I'll most likely be running it with cats and resonator tho

So why glasspacks if your going to leave the cats on? Go with a borla or magnaflow cat back.

viperpwred said:
i posted up a while ago but never really got any responses... i was wondering if anybody has any sound clips/vids of our trucks with some glasspacks thrown on (ie. cherry bombs) i want to hear the sound before i waste my time

This company makes some pretty good mufflers. Awesomely loud, even on an engine with only 8 cylinders... :eek:

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html

High flow cats and Borla XR-1 racing bullet mufflers(glasspacks)

I don't get the whole sound clip thing??? Exhaust can only be heard for what it is in person!!! BTW, glasspacks suck!!! I don't like choppy exhaust, I like deep smooth sound.

Let's face it a V10 cannot be made to sound like a V8 no matter what you do to it. Mine has the dynomax cat back with and is too loud. It sounds like a loud v6 until 3k rpms.

You guys owe it to yourselves to check out XLERATOR mufflers. If you are not doing a complete cat back, it is the best way to go IMO. dual in/ dual out straight through with built in X pipe. Takes most popping out, deeper sound, and half the size of the stocker. It is fairly inexpensive so no big loss if you don't like it. Probably cheaper than buying 2 glaspacks with that atrocious raspy popping sound.

500snakz said:
You guys owe it to yourselves to check out XLERATOR mufflers. If you are not doing a complete cat back, it is the best way to go IMO. dual in/ dual out straight through with built in X pipe. Takes most popping out, deeper sound, and half the size of the stocker. It is fairly inexpensive so no big loss if you don't like it. Probably cheaper than buying 2 glaspacks with that atrocious raspy popping sound.
Do you have a sound clip of yours?

viperpwred said:
Not looking for a V8 sound.... If I wanted that I'd buy a fukin hemi!!!!! ;):):):)

The hemi with some exhaust, intake, and computer work will smoke a stock 10 and for far less money. I don't have a hemi but I've read about them and know a fella that ran a 13.6 quarter mile time with the above mentioned mods.

If I was gonna mod a truck, I'd buy a cheap 2x4 hemi and go from there.

I'll keep my 10 as stock as possible just because it is a true SRT. The sound bugs me until it goes into the upper revs.

kennygene said:
The hemi with some exhaust, intake, and computer work will smoke a stock 10 and for far less money. I don't have a hemi but I've read about them and know a fella that ran a 13.6 quarter mile time with the above mentioned mods.

I'll keep my 10 as stock as possible just because it is a true SRT. The sound bugs me until it goes into the upper revs.
I can't believe I just heard that!!!:mad: :mad:

The diff between the hemi and srt isn't jus about the engine... U get better brake system, better suspension, beefier drivetrain, a kick ass body kit IMO, an interior upgrade.... It's so much more than a viper engine and that's it besides it's a great platform to build on

kennygene said:

Now that is funny..LOL....:laugh:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back